Plastic dumping and burning.

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
Sunshine

Plastic dumping and burning.

Post by Sunshine » 30 Mar 2020 16:32

Plastic Burning.
Taking the 2nd road from the 3374 to the Suan Luang Beach area there are several piles of illegal rubbish tips (mostly plastic) especially near the corner where Cuisine / Sabai Sabai restaurants are, this dumping has intensified over the last 12months and the amount of rubbish is growing at a great rate indicating that as well as individual dumping it now looks like commercial dumping as well and to make matters worse this rubbish is burned every few weeks causing pollution and great distress not only to the local residents but to the whole area / province. As most people know burning plastic causes dangerous dioxins to be released into the atmosphere and extremely dangerous to people’s health especially young children. There is so much burned toxic rubbish now that to remove it would require machinery and the amount is growing daily and this is about 1 kilometer from the lovely beach of Suan Luang where not only locals but tourist as well enjoy walking and sightseeing, there has also been an increase of rats seen in this area.
There is also an almost permanent smell of burning plastic in this area especially during the late evening / night time.
Appeal Can anyone help or give advice on this matter, especially local Thai people who would like to see this dumping of rubbish stopped.
Any help would be greatly appreciated but can we stay on the subject of this rubbish problem and not deviate onto another topic.
For more information on the dangers of burning plastic visit one of the below websites or anyone of hundreds on the internet.

https://www.online-sciences.com/health/ ... l-warming/

http://vrindavanactnow.org/burning-plastic/
IMG_1775.jpeg
IMG_1775.jpeg (293.78 KiB) Viewed 6149 times
IMG_1774.jpeg
IMG_1774.jpeg (265.34 KiB) Viewed 6149 times

bsb

Re: Plastic dumping and burning.

Post by bsb » 16 May 2020 07:27

This morning I awoke and walked from the A/C bedroom into the open window area of the house, the smell of burning plastic was so bad I had to return to the closed window A/C bedroom. To the selfish inconsiderate stupid bastard that was doing the burning, I hope you rot and die in hell.How in the world can anyone with small children or any children
parents or even pets resort to this style of getting rid of trash is beyond common sense.

bsb

Post by bsb » 23 May 2020 19:31

Black trash bags with red string tied around the top of the bag seen at particularly large house near Lec's eatery
next day bags gone and show up at the above trash pile.Somehow this nonsense (aka Bullshit) has got to stop.

bsb

Post by bsb » 26 May 2020 12:32

NOT YOUR HOUSE JACK!!!!!

buksida

Post by buksida » 27 May 2020 07:56

There is one option since the land owner and authorities are not interested. Its a messy job but a look through the bags should quickly identify the culprit - load it up, and take it back to their property, dumping it back on them, and splitting the bags in the process. Make sure you're fully covered with a full-face helmet at the time.

bsb

Post by bsb » 27 May 2020 08:00

buksida, you in?

buksida

Post by buksida » 27 May 2020 08:08

Its a suggestion for those living next to it, didn't say I was going to do it!!!

Getting local Thais that live in that area onboard is also essential, though I think you'll struggle with that.

Seaview

Post by Seaview » 30 May 2020 14:14

My neighbour, Jack, has informed me of this forum and mentioned that someone had pointed the finger at my house being responsible for dumping rubbish in the area. So, whilst I applaud the forum and detest the despicable actions of those that sneakily dispose of their rubbish by the roadside and in the bushes, I also categorically deny that a 'particularly large house near Lec's eatery' has played any part in this offence. I can only assume the anonymous 'bsb' is referring to some other large house in the area. But it is not Seaview!
I am the one that bags all our rubbish into black bin bags and I have never used red string. By the way, the names's Nick (but you can call me Bond). I either knot the tops of the bags up on themselves or, if there isn't enough space, I use elastic bands. I also regularly pick up rubbish thrown around the fields and roads near our property, though seldom venture to the top of the road that has indeed become a dumping area for all and sundry.
Ref post 23 May by bsb : "Black trash bags with red string tied around the top of the bag seen at particularly large house near Lec's eatery next day bags gone and show up at the above trash pile.Somehow this nonsense (aka Bullshit) has got to stop."

bsb

Post by bsb » 31 May 2020 09:26

Seaview, don't flatter yourself you do not have the only large house on the Soi. Also why do the not guilty always have a need to offer a half page rant on their innocence. End of story