Getting a yellow house registration book in Bangsaphan

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
buksida

Getting a yellow house registration book in Bangsaphan

Post by buksida » 02 Jun 2016 09:08

13310621_1799253363643813_236920239227024502_n.jpg
For years this has been a nearly impossible task however the process has just become a lot easier.

I've just completed it so will post a breakdown of the process, costs and requirements which may vary slightly depending on your situation.

The first thing you need to do is make an official translation of your passport (into Thai), I don't think anywhere in BS does this so I did it in Hua Hin, a little place opposite Soi 80. Cost 450 baht, you get it back the next day.

Go to the Bangsaphan amphur office with the translation, your original passport, the blue house book and the ID card of the owner (preferably go with the owner). They will then inform you what other documents you need (we had to show our marriage certificates), and arrange an appointment for the following week to start the process. The documents you need may vary so the initial trip is to essentially explain to them that you would like a yellow book and find out the requirements. In our case this was all we needed, others might need to show the land chanote.

For the second trip you'll speak to the boss lady who will ask you a few questions such as 'why do you want the book?', 'how long have you lived in Thailand?', 'when did you move to Bangsaphan?' etc etc. It helps if you speak a little Thai but it is not essential. She will then proceed to convert this information into an official document, this takes a few hours so it is best to return later in the afternoon. When complete you get two copies to proof read before the whole package gets bundled up and queued for signature from the big boss upstairs, this takes another week. The amphur boss may come down to see you and have a little chat (we ended up talking about Leicester City!)

They will call you when it is ready, around a week or so later, and make an appointment for the third visit. You'll sign a couple of documents and wait for an hour or so before heading upstairs to meet the big boss who may or may not ask you a few similar questions, he'll then sign off and you head back down to wait for the lady boss to actually type out and create the book. This takes another hour or so as you'll need to double check the info in it. When complete you take a ticket and wait for your ID card to be created, luckily there was nobody there when we did it so this process took about 20 minutes. You're then issued with an official Thai photo ID card (it is pink, not white) with your name, address, and birth date on it. Total cost 80 baht.

It sounds like a lot of hassle but it is worth doing and not as hard or expensive as it used to be. Our total expenses for the entire process was 530 baht, you dont need 'agents', 'fixers' or 'lawyers' but you must take the Thai house owner or your Thai partner with you.

Hope this information is of use to anyone wanting to get their yellow house book which also serves as permanent proof of address and can be used for buying/selling vehicles, renewing driving licenses, opening bank accounts, extending visas, and pretty much anything else now days in Thailand.

NolaK

Re: Getting a yellow house registration book in Bangsaphan

Post by NolaK » 02 Jun 2016 09:33

Thank you for posting. I will now bravely march forward and think about getting mine dealt with.

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 02 Jun 2016 09:35

Well worth getting. Not sure if its applicable down your way but if you have a yellow book you can now,in Chiang Mai ,get a Thai ID card.Not much different, and perhaps almost a duplication of your drivers licence, in that it shows you picture, address,passport number but in Thai.They are apparently available at no cost from your Amphur Office.Maybe useful if visiting national parks etc as they stopped, here in CM Province, using Thai DL for Thai price.

Your experience geting the yellow book was far easier than mine, a story for another time

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 02 Jun 2016 09:37

The Yellow House book will not be accepted for buying / selling vehicles or renewing driving licenses. Most of the authorities still want an address confirmation from the immigration office for 1000 THB.
I had a yellow house book years ago, cost 20,000 THB, but I did not get a building permit on my name in Bangsaphan. So for what I need a yellow housebook? Bank Account opeing, with my Passport or Driver Licence, also reduced-price entrance fee. Extending Visas with your Passport and the blue housebook or rent contract.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 02 Jun 2016 09:48

Thank you buksida - sounds pretty straight forward, compared with what I was told before here in Hua Hin. Totally agree with the little translation place opposite Soi 80 - we've used them a couple of times.

Maybe I'll try the same in Hua Hin soon, and report back.
Green Army

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 02 Jun 2016 09:54

heikevie wrote: Most of the authorities still want an address confirmation from the immigration office for 1000 THB.
Heikevie, I agree that while there were so many hoops to jump through, there was little point in going through the nausea of obtaining a Yellow Book. However, if it is as easy as the OP states, it must be worth a punt.

BTW, even Hua Hin Immigration, who aren't known for their charitable nature, only charge half of what you're being charged for address confirmation - I think you should be querying that cost.
Green Army

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 02 Jun 2016 12:02

The immigration office in Hua HIn charged for address confirmation 500 for Motorbike driver licence and 500 for car driver licence = total 1000 THB.

migrant

Post by migrant » 02 Jun 2016 20:41

Thanks!

bsb

Post by bsb » 03 Jun 2016 06:18

Once again Heikevie pays more than everyone else, looking back over past posts why is it always seem to be her that has problems with Thai shops.

buksida

Post by buksida » 03 Jun 2016 17:33

heikevie wrote:The Yellow House book will not be accepted for buying / selling vehicles or renewing driving licenses.
This is incorrect, I know several people that have used the yellow book as proof of address when buying/selling bikes (I bought one from them), and renewing drivers licenses - this is exactly its purpose. The residency letter from immigration is 500 baht (free if you get it from the police), but with the yellow book you'll never need it again.

A building permit is a completely different document and not the subject of this thread.