A new menace to Bangsapan beach - jetskis

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
Mr Wu

A new menace to Bangsapan beach - jetskis

Post by Mr Wu » 16 Oct 2011 09:02

It was a stunning day on the beach yesterday, the water was clear and calm, perfect for bathing - that is until some dork on a jetski rattled past a few meters from the shore. Moments later another one was in the water and the scene resembled something from Pattaya.

God I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for our peaceful Suanluang beach.

passingthrough

Re: A new menace to Bangsapan beach - jetskis

Post by passingthrough » 18 Oct 2011 12:53

Actually I have no problem with people going out and enjoying themselves on these noisy beasties.

But Mr Wu does bring up a serious point. There were lots of kids out swimming and sailboarding and stuff that day. One could have been hurt, maybe even killed, cos jet-skis do go very, very fast. Whoever it was really should show more consideration for others and stay well out from the shoreline.

The Coral Hotel has a mooring flag thing for it's boat out there. I would say that is a good guide to the closest anybody on one of these things should come to the shore.

We have a lovely beach here for the kids. It is very safe. But, with it's very gradual slope, kids can end up a good distance out and still be within their depth.

I do hope the owner takes note in future to be more careful.

buksida

Post by buksida » 19 Oct 2011 11:19

I'm amazed that almost a hundred people have read this and there has been only one response, I guess nobody else thinks they're a menace!

I generally agree with the above - no issues with jetskis providing they're kept away from the populated areas of the beach.

Mr Chin Chok

Post by Mr Chin Chok » 21 Oct 2011 01:34

I think both dogs and jetskis are a menace at the beach. There you go

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 21 Oct 2011 02:51

jetski.jpg
jetski.jpg (10.4 KiB) Viewed 9444 times
Green Army

badrover

Post by badrover » 21 Oct 2011 06:55

Love the picture! Shame all the dogs that sit round the bars don't get on one and bugger off on a permanent vacation.
Bangsaphan beach is a very very big area, why do they not take their jet skis to a quieter area?

Brazen Warrior

Post by Brazen Warrior » 23 Oct 2011 07:38

I find it painfully how upset some farangs themselves about the 1-2 times a month goes here someone Jet Ski on the Sea. These people have nothing to imitate better than sitting at a beach bar and get drunk and to gossip about other people. Or threaten to said jet skis. Farangs dear: you addiction but a nice hobby or a Thai woman, or a different beach, then you will not be harassed, and have a job .... I think this behavior simply miserable ... since your a crazy pensioner gear

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 23 Oct 2011 08:50

Like Statler und Waldorf ?
Attachments
statler_waldorf Muppet Show.jpg
statler_waldorf Muppet Show.jpg (31.79 KiB) Viewed 9373 times

Mr Wu

Post by Mr Wu » 23 Oct 2011 11:54

This town really is a magnet for lunatics ... just like the two above ...

Brazen Warrior

Post by Brazen Warrior » 24 Oct 2011 13:11

Hey Mr Wu would not cheeky, you do not know me. When I was born, said the devil: Well shit ... nice competition

English humor is fun.
The German humor but serves the purpose of amusement.
(Werner Mitsch)

You ought to think about it, you're just a guest in this country like the rest of us. You do what you want and we also

The less one has reason,
the less he feels the lack.
British proverb

Mr Wu

Post by Mr Wu » 25 Oct 2011 15:57

:roll: I rest my case ...

buksida

Post by buksida » 10 May 2012 11:33

You'll love this - the teenage tards that enjoy ripping around on their jetski with no regard for anyone else drove straight into a boat and pretty much destroyed it.

Hundreds of square kilometers of open ocean and these idiots crash into a tiny boat moored at Montri's bar.

Hopefully the 150k repair bill will keep these tossers out of the water - for good!

Lucky it was a boat that got wiped out and not somebody's kid.

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 11 May 2012 20:10

My pet aversion..... jet skis,noisy, polluting menaces when in the hands of people who have no idea how to control them.Heaven help Bangsaphan if some clown starts renting them out. Look at the accidents, and subsequent deaths, in Pattaya and Phuket plus the scams that when people return them they are billed for damage they never did.Well covered on other forums.

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 13 May 2012 08:23

You're right.

But what about the drunk drivers and the kids on the street?

Look to the daily accident.

buksida

Post by buksida » 13 May 2012 10:40

Correct, also a menace, but this topic is about jetskis and kids are usually not running about in the road late at night - they are swimming in the sea and in danger with these things around.

Why cant the jetski maniacs go to uncrowded areas of the beach/sea?