Status of various things in Bangsaphan

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
cjsiam

Re: Status of various things in Bangsaphan

Post by cjsiam » 10 Dec 2019 04:10

Thanks buksida....
pity...that food at country looked really good.....sigh

So here it is high season---and Coco (closes early), Why Not --- anything else open?
the ITalay restaurant--but that's Thai-food almost exclusively....

Seems like the Tourism and activities of Immigration have cast a cloud over the previously
hopeful outlook for more activity in BangSaphan.

Honestly---I'm not sure whether to be happy or Sad about that --- at least it won't be turning into a Hua Hin
or Pattaya in the near future.....

buksida

Post by buksida » 10 Dec 2019 07:03

The tourism problem is country wide - military regime don't seem too bothered though and keep trying to invent rules to stifle it.

Obviously BS gets hit a little harder than elsewhere as its harder to get to and has no decent transport links. Prices have also been rising steadily in Thailand and the baht is very strong which will also make people think twice about coming here.

Consequently the bars have to close due to lack of trade and the resorts are mostly empty for most of the year. Bew Beem opens most days in the season but there are no other bars aside from late night ones in town for young Thais. For eating Cuisine is still the most popular place but expect a long wait for your meal.

The problem is that it is a downward spiral - people come here and find most things shut, they don't come back and its worse again next year, and more places disappear. Old hands and those that have been coming for over a decade won't mind the quietness though as that is what they come for.

Just as an aside, the Bangsaphan Map was launched in 2011 and today there are less than half as many bars and restaurants but twice as much accommodation, it has to grow in tandem. The map hasn't been reprinted for three years either which is another testament to the contraction.

cjsiam

Post by cjsiam » 15 Dec 2019 10:49

Thanks again Buksida....I am coming for the quiet and enjoyment of the environment, so, I can wait around for the upswing. I'll be hitting all the local spots to see and talk and hear...Merry Christmas to you all.
cj;)

cjsiam

Post by cjsiam » 30 Dec 2019 11:45

heading over tomorrow...
In town 8-10 and 18-21....hope to find folks at Montri's say hello...first beer on me :)
cj:)

cjsiam

Post by cjsiam » 14 Jan 2020 11:15

Appreciate meeting some of you on first pass through this trip.....
Multiple invaluable suggestions me thinks on construction and our plans going forward.

buksida---please drop a note I'd like to know more about your construction experience...also that electrical approach...very interested!

Hope to see you again 18-22? usual places :)

cjsiam

Post by cjsiam » 30 Jan 2020 00:06

So finished trip---Very much enjoyed the time and the folks. Appreciate all the construction suggestions---everyone is pointing to the same contractor as most reliable/fast...a really good sign.

Thanks again to you all---see you in about 6-8 months---looks like we're go to launch at that point.
:)

cjsiam

Post by cjsiam » 21 Mar 2020 05:08

Well people who I've met over the past couple years---as I plan to come live there----

You all take care of yourselves....Interesting times world-wide ...I'm in Colorado, and it is shutting down...
I suspect you'll need to do the same thing....

I hope people get creative so food and supplies are available.

Stay safe!

buksida

Post by buksida » 21 Mar 2020 10:09

BS is largely unaffected at the moment - its life as normal. We have a smaller population so no panic buying and Chinese tourists never came here!

buksida

Post by buksida » 22 Mar 2020 11:43

Apparently the bars have been ordered to close - all two of them!

cjsiam

Post by cjsiam » 23 Mar 2020 06:47

The Wife tells me that there is a case in Bang Saphan....
I have no idea, maybe brother in law who lives there relayed....

At any rate, stay safe....having some supplies might be wise...

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 24 Mar 2020 10:21

The crunch time is now with 1,000's of Bangkok workers returning to their Provinces,most to the NE so won't effect you down south but there obviously will be some. Self isolation for 2 weeks is maybe a concept Thais wont understand or be able to do as the family home is all they have to go to. Chiang Mai is basically in lock down only essential services Hospitals, Supermarkets ,Banks,Immigration ,Petrol Stations open.Most Dentists have closed.Restaurants can do home deliveries.Thankfully after an initial surge panic buying has stopped for most ,the food supply chain appears to be working if you can cop the price increases by some.

bsb

Post by bsb » 24 Mar 2020 19:21

As in the past 7 days I have been in hospitals in Chumphon, Bang Saphan and Hua-Hin> I can honestly say I was discharged in Chumphon because of people their with the virus and they were worried about me catching it.
Has- Hin is not excepting anyone over 60 into physical therapy for the same reason. Never got a number but they said many cases of the virus in the hospital there. Bang Saphan has one known case in the hospital there. I can still receive injections there as well as physical therapy ,but as one would expect no where near the quality of Chumphon or Hua-hin
I would guess that there are more case in Bang Saphan ,but with limited testing who knows? The most important thing is wash your hands very good and very often with soap and hot water, Do not touch your face or others at all. This being Bang Saphan you will always have the know it alls say they are not worried about. Trust Me Be Worried.
Stay Safe

bsb

Post by bsb » 30 Mar 2020 19:39

Good News, As of tonight 20/03/2020 Cuisine Restaurant will offer carry out only during their normal business hours

bazfaz

Post by bazfaz » 31 Mar 2020 18:40

Here is a brief update from far away England. We are allowed out of the house for an hour a day for exercise (keeping 2 metres apart from anyone else on the street) and once a day to shop. We live in Chipping Sodbury where the local supermarket is Waitrose. I got an emai encouraging me to use Click-and-Collect. So I put in my online order and this morning I collected it. I ordered some Chilean wine. They had run out of stock so they substituted a South African shiraz which costs £2 more. But Waitrose only charged me the lower price of my original order. And we were given a pot of daffodils as well.

It is good to have something cheerful in these gloomy days.

cjsiam

Post by cjsiam » 26 Sep 2020 01:42

OK---so--it comes to Sept 25 2020...the year that will live in infamy...

How are things?
Have we lost people (due to immigration I suspect more then virus)?
Are hotels, restaurants, entertainment beginning to open?
Have land prices reduced? (man's got to dream....)
Market in BS Yai is open?
Liquor stores are stocked?

in last couple steps here before coming to retire in Bang Saphan....house going up for sale almost as I type....
Now, just need to find a why into the Kingdom...... sigh....

Interested to know folks are ok and life continues to move at it's slow, enjoyable pace.