Question on conducting a Bingo Night

New to Bangsaphan or already resident? Doesn't matter, this is the place for introductions!
theprivilegeliving

Question on conducting a Bingo Night

Post by theprivilegeliving » 27 Oct 2010 15:16

I just wonder whether it's possible to conduct a Bingo Night in Thailand.
Assuming, enter fee is (maybe) 100 THB/person for 5 bingo card, winner get a pot of money. Amount depend on number of attendant, devided by 5, so that we can have 5 game. The purpose of Bingo Night is for ppl to get together, having a drink and good time. Will police considering Bingo Night as gambling? Or what if the prize is not money, maybe spa treatment, dinning vooucher, bottle of wine or whiskey, etc.
Any advice?

buksida

Re: Question on conducting a Bingo Night

Post by buksida » 28 Oct 2010 15:52

Sounds like a good idea but yes, you may get some attention from the Police for 'gambling'.

theprivilegeliving

Post by theprivilegeliving » 28 Oct 2010 23:31

Hmmmm, just wondering how they do it in US. I see many senior center conduct a Bingo Night for both senior and non-senior citizen. Or maybe I should give them a call to find out whether it's possible or not.

buksida

Post by buksida » 29 Oct 2010 10:13

You'd probably get away with it after a donation to the police department!

theprivilegeliving

Post by theprivilegeliving » 29 Oct 2010 22:37

I've called Royal Thai Police, and they passed me to another department which involve in Thai Law. The lady said, I have to contact city council to ask for permission. City Council will check the law to see if Bingo is considering as gambling or not. If they allow, then I just have to contact local police station just to inform and double check with them. If I can get both to say "Yes", then Bingo Night is possible.

theprivilegeliving

Post by theprivilegeliving » 03 Nov 2010 00:04

Well, I called Thongchai Police Station yesterday, talked to an Inspector. First he said can not, but after I gave him the purpose and who is the attendents, then he said possible. All I need to do is talked to him in person, provide him all information, perhaps get an approval letter just to be safe. I guess I can give it a try when I'm ready to have a Bingo Night.