Why is nobody posting on the forum?

New to Bangsaphan or already resident? Doesn't matter, this is the place for introductions!
buksida

Why is nobody posting on the forum?

Post by buksida » 30 Jul 2010 13:41

I know people are reading the forum as there are always 10-15 online every time I login.

So why is nobody posting anything? C'mon, say g'day and ask about Bangsaphan or tell us a few things!

buksida

Re: Why is nobody posting on the forum?

Post by buksida » 01 Aug 2010 11:45

Looks like we're getting a bit more activity now, nice :mrgreen:

Remember if you have any info on BS post it here: viewforum.php?f=1

Photos of the area can go here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=245

Bar and restaurant recommendations here: viewforum.php?f=2

Property questions: viewforum.php?f=11

Ban Krut info: viewforum.php?f=4

buksida

Post by buksida » 04 Apr 2011 08:21

Just a quick bump to this as I know Bangsaphanians are reading this board ... get posting!

Something, anything, thoughts on topics, local news and rumours, observations, a photo ...

bsb

Post by bsb » 04 Apr 2011 17:49

how about some opinions on buying verses renting a home in Bang Saphan, or Building and owning your home as a farang and leasing the land. Is the price of land near the beach worth the money or better to be 1 or 2 K away for a much lower price

Caller

Post by Caller » 06 Apr 2011 02:39

I'm interested in knowing how the place 1st attracted farangs - are they all ex-Huahinians fed up with life there, or are there are other reasons they came, or is it all for the same idyll? To me, in my short sojourn there, the attraction is obvious, but there are always those with a vision, a business plan....

And what exactly is the attraction to the French of the Coral Resort, or are they visiting to see if the Thailand as described in Platform, by Michel Houellebecq, actually exists? :D

And for BKrut - why all the (emptyish) resorts? Where'd they come from? Was it a reward for the building of the temple and anticipated future tourism, or is that wide of the mark?

buksida

Post by buksida » 06 Apr 2011 10:24

Caller wrote:I'm interested in knowing how the place 1st attracted farangs - are they all ex-Huahinians fed up with life there, or are there are other reasons they came, or is it all for the same idyll?
Good call, fire up a new thread with maybe a poll, and see what responses we get.

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 06 Apr 2011 14:41

We first visted Bangsaphan as we saw the name on the map,checked out accom, and came looking for peace and quiet ,while we were living in Bangkok. We certainly found it.Having moved to Chiang Mai its more diificult to visit, 12 hour bus to Hua Hin 8am to 8pm and then train. I realise we could fly to Bangkok etc but on a limited budget bus and train the way to go.Unfortuantly means overnighting in HH which in my opinion has gone downhill over the last 10 years.

signman

Post by signman » 18 Apr 2011 05:13

Hello BS forum, am new to this forum thing and will be new to BS one day soon i hope. I would dearly like to chat online to anyone how is interested, i would like to buy in the BS area soon too. Am from Brisbane Australia. Looking forward to chatting to you. Signman.

migrant

Post by migrant » 18 Apr 2011 05:15

I read the forum often, but not a lot to say.

I haven't spent a lot of time in BS but the place appeals to me more than HH

buksida

Post by buksida » 18 Apr 2011 08:43

This thread is really directed to all those guys and gals that actually live in BS, read the forum every day, and never post anything on it!

We know who you are!!!! :wink:

bsb

Post by bsb » 18 Apr 2011 19:15

but do not take that wrong , as one and all are welcome . ask questions,suggestions,photos, thoughts

migrant

Post by migrant » 20 Apr 2011 01:37

buksida wrote:This thread is really directed to all those guys and gals that actually live in BS, read the forum every day, and never post anything on it!

We know who you are!!!! :wink:
I hope someday soon that applys to me!! (not the lack of posting though!!) :mrgreen:

buksida

Post by buksida » 20 Apr 2011 09:18

They're all afraid of computers down here ... :mrgreen:

bsb

Post by bsb » 21 Apr 2011 00:44

compared to hua hin foum , the bang saphan forum is dead...could it be that bang saphan people are no where near as frustated as hua hin people and do not need to vent their anger/ after spending some time reading the HH forum I think most of those posters are a few bricks short of a load...just a thought

mrMARIA

Post by mrMARIA » 22 Apr 2011 10:42

hello ,hello....is anybody out there? I can see Buksi is getting a little frustrated here. Its pure and simple my friend, people that live in BSP are not silly, they know when they are on a good thing and they are keeping it to themselves. Yes i understand the reasoning behind their selfish attitude Buksi, but if i to was living in BSP i would be keeping my mouth shut as well. Well i got news for all you shy scared weird little guys, the word is out, and you are about to be invaded by the masses. Your little patch of paradise is soon to follow the path of every other patch of paradise in Thailand that has begun as an unspoilt peaceful getaway. 'Caller' had a few good questions, which so far have gone unanswered, so i dont hold much hope of getting a response here..........what i would like to know is, what peoples vision of the future is for BSF, say in 10 or 20 years......hello hello