Welcome to the forum!

New to Bangsaphan or already resident? Doesn't matter, this is the place for introductions!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 17 Oct 2008 01:16

Guess wrote:
I explained that the reference was to a steel rolling mill in the town. Well there is a plant marked on the map but it is at least 2 km from the sea. Steel production needs fresh water, not sea water. Also nobody knows exactly where it is, meaning that it is well hidden and way off the beaten track.
Troppo,

I can vouch for what Guess says. We were driving around the area for a couple of days in May. Yes, we saw a couple of protest banners, but that is the only knowledge of a steel mill in the area that we had. We never saw it at all.

The Family

Post by The Family » 20 Oct 2008 12:08

Hi Troppo,

With regard to your enquiry about cheap car hire, we are a legal car rental company, covering the BS area. A bit of advice; be very careful. It is very easy to get cheap car hire. We advise you to check that the vehicle you hire is insured for rental purposes. If it isn't, you can end up in a hell of a mess if you have any sort of accident! :(

If you would like any further information, pm us. :)

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 22 Oct 2008 01:36

Hi to all :D

I'm planning my second trip to Thailand and Bang Saphan area is very very interesting, easy going, laid back :D
I'd really like to see and feel this place! I'm planning to stay in Thailand for a month in next may and mostly traveling between Bangkok and Chumphon... Or stay in nice place whole time....Not very interested in Hua Hin or Cha-am...
So, I think you all will hear from me, I will come up with lot of questions in near future,be aware 8)

This forum has been already very helpful, thanks :!:

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 22 Oct 2008 02:05

Hi Jenni,

Welcome to the forum.

Please don't stop at just asking questions. Many people would be grateful if you could share your experiences of the area with us either during, or after your visit.

Troppo

Car hire.

Post by Troppo » 22 Oct 2008 02:26

The Family wrote:Hi Troppo,

With regard to your enquiry about cheap car hire, we are a legal car rental company, covering the BS area. A bit of advice; be very careful. It is very easy to get cheap car hire. We advise you to check that the vehicle you hire is insured for rental purposes. If it isn't, you can end up in a hell of a mess if you have any sort of accident! :(

If you would like any further information, pm us. :)
Hi, do your rates include 1st class insurance?

Cheers :)

guess

Post by guess » 22 Oct 2008 13:48

Jenni wrote:........................ I will come up with lot of questions in near future,be aware 8)

This forum has been already very helpful, thanks :!:
That's what we are here for. We are still building up the site so by May you should have more information.

Best wishes.

The Family

Re: Car hire.

Post by The Family » 22 Oct 2008 15:00

Hi, do your rates include 1st class insurance?

Cheers :)[/quote]

Hi again,

Yes! we are happy to say that our vehicles are covered with first class rental insurance and that we are a legal company of Thailand. :)

The Family

Post by The Family » 22 Oct 2008 16:01

[quote="Jenni"]Hi to all :D

I'd really like to see and feel this place! I'm planning to stay in Thailand for a month in next may and mostly traveling between Bangkok and Chumphon... Or stay in nice place whole time....Not very interested in Hua Hin or Cha-am...

Afternoon Jenni,

Welcome to the forum! :)
We are of the same opinion! We are in the process of moving out of Hua Hin/Cha-am, not our cup of tea either anymore. :(
We live and work in Thailand and have been going down to BS for about a year now, for the odd couple of days break at a time! If you are looking for somewhere to relax BS's the place for you! 8)
You will find the local community quite helpful and friendly. Maybe, we will bump into each other while you are in BS..it's a small community. :P

buksida

Post by buksida » 22 Oct 2008 19:35

Hi and welcome to the newly registered members.

Only thing I'd suggest is posting new questions separately as this thread is already getting a little confusing! :shock:

Norseman

Post by Norseman » 19 Dec 2008 13:25

Just wanted to say hello to everybody.
No surprise where I originate from but I am living in Hua Hin.
I know some of the members on here from HHAD but most of the user names here are new to me.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 20 Dec 2008 02:25

Welcome on board - its always good to see a friendly face :)

buksida

Post by buksida » 22 Dec 2008 09:30

Yep, good to see you on here Norseman!

aa

Hi from Canadian checking out Bang Saphan

Post by aa » 04 Feb 2009 12:20

Hi everyone,

I'm a Canadian English teacher living in Hua Hin, but have been working in Bang Saphan teaching English at the local steel rolling plant, Sahaviriya Steel Industries, for a couple days a week, for the last two months. I will be staying overnight this Thursday and have Friday (Feb. 6) free to explore BS a bit. I have never even seen the beach as I have been working all day on my visits up to this point. I haven't set foot inside a foreigner bar and only glimpsed a couple of other farangs.

Any suggestions on what to do, where to go? I am scoping out BS somewhat as a possible future place to live and work.

Cheers to everyone.

buksida

Post by buksida » 06 Feb 2009 12:19

Welcome aboard aa, there are some very nice places around BS to visit, have a look here for more info:

http://www.bangsaphanguide.com/bangsaph ... ctions.htm

http://www.bangsaphanguide.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

aa

Post by aa » 06 Feb 2009 18:45

Thanks, buksida. I was kindly lent a motorbike and I drove slowly up the beach road to Baan Grood and visited the very impressive wat on the hilltop. Great views of the beach from there, especially northward.