Keeree Waree Resort

Discussion on accommodation, restaurants, and attractions in neighbouring Ban Krut.
SPONSORS: Ban Krut Info
Saskaya

Keeree Waree Resort

Post by Saskaya » 21 Feb 2009 19:44

Hello

I am new to this Forum and I intend to visit Bang Saphan/Ban Krut at the end of March. I have travelled Thailand many times in the last years, but I have never been to this region.
Could anybody tell me about this two really different resorts?

- Keree Waree
- Arcadia

Which one do you prefer? I have read that Keree Waree is a little remote and Arcadia is located at an intersection?
Or can you recommend another place. Price up to 2000Bht.

Thanks

Saskaya

bajm

Post by bajm » 22 Feb 2009 13:51

Hello Saskaya,

Well they maybe 2 different type of resorts, but they are both 5 star, which is the same for their prices. You find more information on their websites http://www.keereewaree.com and http://www.baangroodarcadiaresort.com

Keereewaree has only bungalows, Arcadia has besides bungalows also a 5 storey building with hotel rooms at the back of the resort.
Two nights ago I went to have diner at Arcadia, so I had the opportunity to look around a little bit. It has a magnificent swimming pool. The restaurant/reception are build of teak wood, which gives the place a very luxury appearance. Their staff is friendly and the persons who served me, spoke English reasonably well. There are not many guests staying at the moment. There were only a few people in the restaurant and most of the bungalows were dark

This evening I intend to visit Keeree Waree to get a better impression of that place.

As far as locations are concerned, I cannot say Keeree Wareee is more remote then Arcadia. Arcadia is located 400 meters north of the T-junction, coming from the village and in its proximity are a few smaller resorts.
KeereeWaree is located 900 meters south of this T-junction and nearby are a few bigger resorts and a popular beach restaurant.

Saskaya

Post by Saskaya » 22 Feb 2009 18:06

Hello Bajim

Thanks for the information. According to your reply I think Keeree Waree is the better option. But I am really curious how you will find this resort after you have checked it out.
I am looking forward to your posting.

Saskaya :D

bajm

Post by bajm » 22 Feb 2009 22:22

Administrators, please delete one of my posts above, as they are identical. When nothing happened in 5 minutes after hitting the submit button, I did a reload of the page and for some reason it now shows up twice.

bajm

Post by bajm » 22 Feb 2009 22:39

Hello Saskaya,

Well tonight I found out, that charging 5-star prices does not necessary mean, that they also deliver 5 star service and quality. I was quite disappointed in what KeereeWaree had to offer, although my impression is only from the restaurant. The rest of the resort looked very dark

Their menu offers mainly common Thai dishes and no specialties. I was charged over 200 Baht for a dish, which was not any better then one you can get at any common Thai restaurant for less then 50 Baht. The staff hardly spoke any English, the TV was on and very loud, showing a Thai soap and there were no Thai guests in the restaurant. Admitted, the interior looks fancy, but that does not justify these differences in price.

So, if the rest of their facilities really offers value for money I cannot tell, but it does not show from their restaurant.
:(

The Family

Post by The Family » 24 Feb 2009 11:49

Sorry Saskaya, we cannot help you, these resorts are in Ban Krut, and am not familier with the resorts there. It might be an idea to post in the Ban Krut website.