A nice place to stay?

Hotels, resorts, guesthouses and beach bungalows, find somewhere to stay here. Watering holes and feeding spots, get the info here.
SPONSORS: Palm Gardens Country Road Bar & Restaurant
guess

Post by guess » 05 Sep 2008 09:20

bajm wrote:Hamradio,
I have sent you a PM with a list of URL's of Ban Krut resorts.
Can you send them to me too.

Pet-1, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. You mention being able to stay longer. Well if you are serious then it is not so difficult once you get here.

You can save considerable amounts both when traveling and staying in a resort. I think that all of the guest houses in the higher end of the market (1,000 Baht plus) will offer long term discount. This can start at as little as three days with further reductions for a week or a month. You often have to ask though. Places don't always promote discounts. Also there are very clean beach side bungalows starting at 300 Baht per night.

You seem to have travel costs sorted OK but of course it is always wise to take the extra time and make a saving by going by train rather than taxi, and it is much safer. If possible get straight out of Bangkok after getting off the plane. I have taken longer getting from Don Muang to Nana than I have getting to Cha Am (2 hours max) when the traffic conditions were against me.

Eating out is another area to save. Bang Saphan is very good for cheap eats. 30 - 40 baht will get you most Thai dishes. Western food is also cheap here. Bars here charge less for a large bottle of beer than HH bars charge for a small bottle.

When I used to come here for short stays, my budget was the same for 4 weeks as it was for 8. The only difference was that my daily allowance shrunk a little. The biggest costs are fixed such as air fare, travel to and from the airport and the necessary accommodation on route.

If you or anybody has any questions on travel in the region then don't be afraid to ask. I have been traveling this part of Thailand for 8 years now.

pet-1

Post by pet-1 » 13 Sep 2008 04:02

Thanks Guess for good advice! I let you know when I'll be back. Maybe we can szink a couple of Chang's together at a low cost!! My treat!! Ok?
Mr P :lol:

The Family

Post by The Family » 13 Sep 2008 13:59

Bangburd is about 20mins further north of the Coral. There is a resort with A/C bungalows and a large s.pool @ about 1,200Bht per night. You will probably have the pool to yourself during the week. Weekends the Thai's have swimming lessons. Very quiet village (during the wk), the village holds a few Thai rests and a French rest. There is one bar to the right of the resort where an English speaking Thai, will cook farang food for you (given notice) and take you out for the day.

The Family

Post by The Family » 13 Sep 2008 14:11

Sorry guys, I'm not used to this game, I should have looked at the date! :oops:

The Family

Post by The Family » 13 Sep 2008 14:29

OK! I know Bangburd is sth not nth! What month is it? :roll:

guess

Post by guess » 16 Sep 2008 22:03

It's on my agenda to get down there and check it out so any names of the places you mention would be handy. Hopefully we can then post a section on the area.

I have driven south from the Sunrise Resort area recently and seen a few resorts of varying standard but I am not sure what the area would be called. I don't remember much further south of the Ferry to Koh Talu pier and I suspect that in the past I may have bypassed Bang Burd somehow.