A nice place to stay?

Hotels, resorts, guesthouses and beach bungalows, find somewhere to stay here. Watering holes and feeding spots, get the info here.
SPONSORS: Palm Gardens Country Road Bar & Restaurant
pet-1

A nice place to stay?

Post by pet-1 » 01 Jun 2008 23:40

Hi there!!
The 9th of august I will arrive at Bangsaphan railway station with my 14 year old daughter. We are staying in BS for 10 days. Our first stop is at the Coral for 3 nights and after that we dont know. Could anyone out there give us some good suggestions where we can bunk for the rest of the time. We absolutely demand a pool and Ac, and are willing to pay about 1500 Bht. We have read about BS, and looked at some pictures and it seems that we have choosen the right place for us to go! I'am also looking for a place to stay for a longer time when my slavery time is done back home in a couple of years (not too long I hope). Maybe BS is the place for me to be. It really would be great to meet some of you locals who already have taken the step into heaven and talk about how to get a new and better life.
But first of all we do need a nice place to stay!
Here on "the västkusten" we now have +26C and sunny and it's not too bad at all!! 8)
P

bajm

Post by bajm » 03 Jun 2008 03:08

P,
My wife and I visit the BS area, twice a year for about 6 years already and so far it is not boring. We like to stay in Ban Krut, which is about 15 Km’s north of Bang Saphan.
After we retire in a couple of years from now, we intend to spend at least the European winter there.
BK is developing very quickly. When we were there in March, we noticed that 4 resorts were being built and some of them have opened now.

I can provide you with a list of URL’s of Ban Krut resorts if you like. I am not allowed to enter them in this post.
PM me if you're interested.

buksida

Post by buksida » 07 Jun 2008 17:43

The only real resort in BS with the pool and a/c is the Coral so you're better off staying there.

Or you can explore BK as suggested above, it too is a nice spot.

pet-1

Post by pet-1 » 10 Jun 2008 17:55

Thanks!
As we are "free spirits" there will be 3 nights in BS, a couple of nights in BAN K and at least a week in HH!! HOLY SMACKO!! CAN'T WAIT!! 8)
P

hamradio

Re: A nice place to stay?

Post by hamradio » 06 Aug 2008 17:15

pet-1 wrote:Hi there!!
The 9th of august I will arrive at Bangsaphan railway station with my 14 year old daughter. We are staying in BS for 10 days. Our first stop is at the Coral for 3 nights and after that we dont know. Could anyone out there give us some good suggestions where we can bunk for the rest of the time. We absolutely demand a pool and Ac, and are willing to pay about 1500 Bht. We have read about BS, and looked at some pictures and it seems that we have choosen the right place for us to go! I'am also looking for a place to stay for a longer time when my slavery time is done back home in a couple of years (not too long I hope). Maybe BS is the place for me to be. It really would be great to meet some of you locals who already have taken the step into heaven and talk about how to get a new and better life.
Here on "the västkusten" we now have +26C and sunny and it's not too bad at all!! 8)
P
Hej!! Kul att det finns fler svenskar som hittar till sådana här forum! Förmodligen har du redan kommit dig iväg till värmen.
Själv ska jag och flickvän åka till Thailand den 24 November och hem en månad senare. Jag har efter mycket grävande på nätet fastnat för denna lilla avkrok av Thailand, Ban krut eller "Bankrutt" som någon sade till mig..:-) :) det lär man inte bli där i alla fall!
Återkom gärna med dina erfarenheter!! Vill gärna veta mera om platsen! Lycka till på resan!

pet-1

Post by pet-1 » 06 Aug 2008 19:27

hamradio wrote:
P
Hej!! Kul att det finns fler svenskar som hittar till sådana här forum! Förmodligen har du redan kommit dig iväg till värmen.
Själv ska jag och flickvän åka till Thailand den 24 November och hem en månad senare. Jag har efter mycket grävande på nätet fastnat för denna lilla avkrok av Thailand, Ban krut eller "Bankrutt" som någon sade till mig..:-) :) det lär man inte bli där i alla fall!
Återkom gärna med dina erfarenheter!! Vill gärna veta mera om platsen! Lycka till på resan!
Hej hamradio!
Nej vi har inte kommit iväg än men drar tidigt i morgon från Landvetter! Jag har inte tidigare varit i BS och inte heller BK, (tror inte heller att man blir black där, snarare tvärs om) men kom i kontakt med området via en artikel i Aftonbladet om Kjell Bergqvist som tydligen byggt sig en stuga därnere. Får inte lägga in en URL, men har du inte läst artikeln så sök på Aftonbadet. Du hittar också en del om trakten om du googlar på HHAD. Inte för att jag har nåt intresse av att träff honom därnere men det verkar vara ett lagom laidback ställe att starta en semester på, flott hotell, pool å rubbet!!
Kappsäcken är packad så nu väntar vi bara på att dra! 8)
P

guess

Post by guess » 11 Aug 2008 08:36

Hi Pet,

I did try to read the Swedish but failed miserably.

Welcome to Bang Saphan.

Did you find suitable accommodation?

Looks like you have been fairly lucky with the weather so far.

Hopefully we got all the rain last week.

Best wishes.

hamradio

Post by hamradio » 03 Sep 2008 06:08

guess wrote:Hi Pet,

Welcome to Bang Saphan.

Best wishes.
Hi there! Swedish are not so hard to understand... My penpal since many years in Singapore said to mee when i and my former girlfriend had an loud discussion: Hmm... Swedish sounds like Japanesse.. :lol:

I don´t know yeat, Had never been to this place before, it was that we talk about here..!

So at the end of November we take the train from Bangkok to Ban Krut..!

How much do the trainticket cost??
Best wishes from Trollhattan, Sweden!

bajm

Post by bajm » 03 Sep 2008 20:11

Suppose you take the sprinter, which leaves BKK at about 8 AM.
This will cost you approx 430 baht per person to Ban Krut.

hamradio

Post by hamradio » 04 Sep 2008 03:23

bajm wrote:Suppose you take the sprinter, which leaves BKK at about 8 AM.
This will cost you approx 430 baht per person to Ban Krut.
Thanks! Checked the railway times, and the sprinter leave BKK at 08.05 in the morning,
and arrive Ban Krut at 12.47. 430 baht, cheap!
Is it long distance from from railway station to the Hat Ban Krut beach..?

Go or taxi?

hamradio

Post by hamradio » 04 Sep 2008 03:40

pet-1 wrote:
hamradio wrote:
P
Hej hamradio!
Nej vi har inte kommit iväg än men drar tidigt i morgon från Landvetter! Jag har inte tidigare varit i BS och inte heller BK, (tror inte heller att man blir black där, snarare tvärs om) men kom i kontakt med området via en artikel i Aftonbladet om Kjell Bergqvist som tydligen byggt sig en stuga därnere. Får inte lägga in en URL, men har du inte läst artikeln så sök på Aftonbadet. Du hittar också en del om trakten om du googlar på HHAD. Inte för att jag har nåt intresse av att träff honom därnere men det verkar vara ett lagom laidback ställe att starta en semester på, flott hotell, pool å rubbet!!
Kappsäcken är packad så nu väntar vi bara på att dra! 8)
P
Hej igen! Kul att ni till slut kom iväg! Hoppas allt går vägen!Nu kanske inte chansen är så stor att du läser på detta forumet när du är där nere men återkom gärna som jag skrev innan om dina erfarenheter. Här hemma regnar det som vanligt i mängder. Du valde helt rätt semesterperiod!!
Lägger ett PM här i den privata delen, och skickar över min mailadress!

pet-1

Post by pet-1 » 04 Sep 2008 04:20

guess wrote:Hi Pet,

Welcome to Bang Saphan.

Best wishes.
Hi guess and Hamradio!
I guess it's more proper to write in English at an English forum! Funny that you tried to read the language of "the Swedish chef" though!! Remember Kermit The Frog?
Yes we found a nice place to stay, the Coral, just some 7 km outside BS. Really laid back, nice pool, huts and breakfast and a absolutely lovely restaurang 50m south- WHY NOT!! Lovely fish and shrimps at a cost you cant imagine, and what a nice lady behind the bar! I guess you have been there for a couple of Chang sometimes. We met a couple of expats there maybe you where one of them!? What a nice place to spend a couple of days!! And the weather was good too!! You cant ask for more!
Well we stayed for 4 nights and then we got the company car to take us to BK. 500Bht, a bit expensive maybe but still ok i guess! We never went out to the islands, we planned too, but they forgot to wake us up that morning. Whatever a swim in the pool and a couple of Chang's took care of that!! Mai Pen Rai- No problems!!
My biggest problem now is: How the f..k can I get enough money to spend a longer time in LOS?? Any ideas?? It really would have been nice to know more about general costs for a permanent living down there.
We arrived at BK and stayed at Suan Beach Resort just by the sea, i think we paid 1500Bht/ night incl breakfast. Very nice and long beach. We needed a massage and the resort made a call and Jeeranant came. Look for her salon, close to main street, she is very nice and helpful in almost anything. She also has motorbikes for rent, brand new Honda's Bt 250. BK is also a very laid back place with not very much to do but i guess it is "The real Thailand", and we met some very nice and helpful people there. Rent a bike and check out the surroundings incl, the Wat on the top of the mountain. There is no bank in BK, but ATM's. We stayed for 3 nights and vent on to HH.
We took the "milktrain" from BK (very nice trainstation) to HH. The train was full of people as Thais are free of charge. But can you belive it!! The trip is 3 hours and we paid 31Bht/pp!!! Nice and interresting trip!!
In HH we stayed at Sun Dance hotel close to San Paolo hospital and the nightmarket. 1400Bht incl, breakfast. Nice pool on 3:rd floor, nice but small rooms but ok!
Back in BKK we stayed 1 night at the Asia hotel. And than back to Sweden.
Nice trip, nice weather, nice people in LOS!! We will be back, next time i guess it's back to Koh Chang, i really love it there!!
Ps. Minibus BKK-Coral hotel BS, 4000Bht. Taxi HH-BKK 1600Bht. Ds

Best Wishes
Mr P
Last edited by pet-1 on 04 Sep 2008 21:40, edited 2 times in total.

bajm

Post by bajm » 04 Sep 2008 14:23

hamradio wrote:

Go or taxi?
It is about 1 Km from the railway station to the T-junction at Ban Krut Beach.
The resorts are stretched to about 4 km's to the north and to the south from there.
Upon arrival of the sprinter, there will allways be some sidecar motorclycle taxi's waiting.
Which resort are you staying?

hamradio

Post by hamradio » 04 Sep 2008 17:41

bajm wrote:
hamradio wrote:

Go or taxi?
It is about 1 Km from the railway station to the T-junction at Ban Krut Beach.
The resorts are stretched to about 4 km's to the north and to the south from there.
Upon arrival of the sprinter, there will allways be some sidecar motorclycle taxi's waiting.
Which resort are you staying?
Okay, sounds great, 1 km walk is ok after 300 km train.. :wink:
Have not deceided any resort yet..!
Do we need to book and pay before we go.. ?
Do you have any tips about ok resorts..?

Max 1500 Baht/night..!

bajm

Post by bajm » 04 Sep 2008 18:18

Hamradio,
I have sent you a PM with a list of URL's of Ban Krut resorts.