Accommodation proposition

Hotels, resorts, guesthouses and beach bungalows, find somewhere to stay here. Watering holes and feeding spots, get the info here.
SPONSORS: Palm Gardens Country Road Bar & Restaurant
warwickrichards

Accommodation proposition

Post by warwickrichards » 02 Oct 2007 14:01

Hi there you all. My name is Warwick Richards, I'm a New Zealander married to a Chinese/Thai lady. I stumbled upon the Bang Saphan site via searching Hua Hin and have since visited the area a couple of times. I'm impressed having visited the Hua Hin's, Pattaya's, Phuket's etc. of this country. I believe that Bang Saphan is a tourist area of the future and we'd truly wish to be part of that. I've a project, roughly costed, researched and ready for discussion with any potential investor with around 1m baht. Interested?

texasbob

Post by texasbob » 03 Oct 2007 03:10

Warwick give me an email @ rcw2610@hotmail.com

klikster

Re: Accommodation proposition

Post by klikster » 11 Jan 2008 10:59

warwickrichards wrote:Hi there you all. My name is Warwick Richards, I'm a New Zealander married to a Chinese/Thai lady. I stumbled upon the Bang Saphan site via searching Hua Hin and have since visited the area a couple of times. I'm impressed having visited the Hua Hin's, Pattaya's, Phuket's etc. of this country. I believe that Bang Saphan is a tourist area of the future and we'd truly wish to be part of that. I've a project, roughly costed, researched and ready for discussion with any potential investor with around 1m baht. Interested?
Seriously, what makes you believe Bangsaphan is a "tourist area of the future"? The water is dirty, the beach is marginal (even bang Saphan Yai) . Sure, you can stroll about town .. I saw tourists wandering aimlessly as if asking themselves "what am I doing here?" Transportation is available from BKK, but only if you like 400 km by bus or train .. even farther from the new airport. Even if they open the Chumphon, you're still talking a 70 km van ride .. and Thungwualen is much closer.

No memorable dining experiences, very little shopping, limited "attractions".

And if the steel company has its way .. and it appears that they will .. lots more heavy trucks than now .. air pollution ..

Face it .. it's an industrial/manufacturing town. Heavy mfg. and tourism seldom mix well.

buksida

Post by buksida » 17 Jan 2008 16:25

Naturally BS doesn't have all the glitz of other Thai resort towns but for some (myself included) that is part of the attraction. It does have clear water and diving out at the island but agree that the town itself isn't much of an attraction.

After 9 years in Hua Hin the Bangsaphan area is heaven for me!

klikster

Post by klikster » 19 Jan 2008 16:50

buksida wrote:Naturally BS doesn't have all the glitz of other Thai resort towns but for some (myself included) that is part of the attraction. It does have clear water
Bangsaphan town, i.e. Ban Chai Talay definately does NOT have clean water. BS Yai is okay, but not BCT.
and diving out at the island !
That's offshore from Bangsaphan Noi .. which is about 30 km from BS town.

People who are writing these kinds of things need to differentiate between Bangsaphan town and Umphur.

buksida

Post by buksida » 22 Jan 2008 19:39

Not to be pedantic but Bangsaphan town is 2km inland so has no water at all - but the area you describe north of the bay is not very clear as it has a lot of shellfish farming and river runoff which muddies the water.

Most visitors to Bangsaphan stay at the Suan Luang beach area (where Coral resort is) where the water is often cleaner, Koh Talu (one of the area's major attractions) is only a 20 minute boat ride from this beach - local resorts and operators will happily take you.

The map here shows the geography:
http://www.bangsaphanguide.com/img/bangsaphan-map-l.jpg

And the shot I took here shows the water at Talu, just a short boat ride away:

The whole purpose of this is to give people the information they want.