Good Thai food in Bangsaphan

Hotels, resorts, guesthouses and beach bungalows, find somewhere to stay here. Watering holes and feeding spots, get the info here.
SPONSORS: Palm Gardens Country Road Bar & Restaurant
buksida

Good Thai food in Bangsaphan

Post by buksida » 23 Sep 2010 08:25

We know there are a couple of farang venues now (GK's, Tae's, Biw Beem) but how about a list of restaurants that offer good Thai food? The grub at Why Not is ok but their selection is limited and I-Talay are pretty good but are there any other places that stand out?

bajm

Re: Good Thai food in Bangsaphan

Post by bajm » 23 Sep 2010 14:16

The Coral Hotel also serves to non-residents and they have a very extensive menu, with a mix of French and Thai food.
A little bit more expensive, but certainly value for money.

Caller

Post by Caller » 24 Sep 2010 01:15

For a Thai BBQ, the one on the left heading out of town not too far past the hospital, great value and always busy. I sometimes wondered what was wrong with the two on the other side of the road, as they were always empty when we were there?

Mr Chin Chok

Post by Mr Chin Chok » 27 Sep 2010 15:14

Heard there was a good seafood place in town but forgot name and location. Anyone?

I like the 220 baht breakfast buffé at the Coral hotel but would prefer something more modest. Struggling a bit to find places that serve breakfast. Any ideas? Roy Erawan is closed for some reason.

buksida

Post by buksida » 27 Sep 2010 16:28

GK's and Palm Gardens do the best farang style breakfasts.

I was looking for more Thai food though, will check out those already recommended.

lomboklomtalay

Post by lomboklomtalay » 28 Sep 2010 12:50

May I recommended the good one is KRI NOR restaurant near Smart English. (Kri Nor? meaning Who? in English)

The Family

Post by The Family » 10 Oct 2010 14:36

GK's restaurant offer Thai Omelette, Rice Soup & Steamed Egg for Breakfast. They also make Thai food for Dinner, but do not have an extensive menu, as there are a few Thai places serving Thai food locally.

Royta One - will be opening shortly with a new menu!

In Town you have Tae's restaurant (last restaurant on the left before the Train Station). She has an extensive Thai menu. Tae is open around 4pm until 4am in the morning, catering for the late train arrivals. We really enjoy her food!!