Sangiun resort

Hotels, resorts, guesthouses and beach bungalows, find somewhere to stay here. Watering holes and feeding spots, get the info here.
SPONSORS: Palm Gardens Country Road Bar & Restaurant
Caller

Sangiun resort

Post by Caller » 18 Sep 2010 16:35

Okay, following on from the questions raised about Suan Luang Beach Resort in the GK location/map thread, it wasn't hard to find something on the net (travelfish review) about that place and I realised I knew where it was, but didn't know the name and now know the best room to hire! There's also some funny comments about the Coral resort - bonjour indeed!

Typical LOS to have 2 resorts with an almost identical name, not far apart!

But on the same map is mention of the above place (Sangiun Resort - spelling taken from map), which I never saw or heard of when I was there in December/January. Does anyone have any information/photo's on this place, as I can't find anything on google/copernic.

Thanks

buksida

Re: Sangiun resort

Post by buksida » 27 Sep 2010 09:37

The signs for it indicate that it is at the end of the Palm Gardens soi, just past I-Talay.

They don't seem to understand marketing though - hence the place was empty!

Mr Chin Chok

Post by Mr Chin Chok » 27 Sep 2010 14:44

Sanguin resort is right behind the I-Talay restaurant, I believe, and belongs to and is run by the I-Talay family. I checked out their bungalows the other day, very nicely located and clean. One concrete dual-bungalow with aircon right at the beach (1200 baht/night) and wooden-style with fan for 600 baht about 20-100m from the beach.

Caller

Post by Caller » 28 Sep 2010 00:36

Many thanks for the feedback! :o :)

buksida

Post by buksida » 19 Oct 2010 21:52

Went to this place a couple of days ago, it is a separate resort not run by i-Talay. They have three nice wooden bungalows set back from the beach and a large concrete one on it (which is behind the i-Talay restaurant). You can get to it by driving behind the restaurant then through a coconut grove, if you follow the sign on the road to Palm Gardens you'll end up in someones front yard!

i-Talay have their own 3 red-brick rooms for rent adjacent to the restaurant, more details on those coming soon.

Mr Chin Chok

Post by Mr Chin Chok » 20 Oct 2010 16:32

buksida wrote:Went to this place a couple of days ago, it is a separate resort not run by i-Talay.
Well...they are relatives I was told, same clan at least.