Suan Luang Beach Resort OR Suanluang Resort in BS

Hotels, resorts, guesthouses and beach bungalows, find somewhere to stay here. Watering holes and feeding spots, get the info here.
SPONSORS: Palm Gardens Country Road Bar & Restaurant
chrispyrolls

Suan Luang Beach Resort OR Suanluang Resort in BS

Post by chrispyrolls » 10 Oct 2008 17:13

Suan Luang Beach Resort I believe in right on the beach, whereas Suanluang Resort is (I am told) about 1km from the beach...

Confused? ... Me?... Yes

I have found a website for the Suanluang... but not the Suan Luang Beach Resort... anyone got any info on that one?

Thanks

Chris

bajm

Post by bajm » 10 Oct 2008 19:29

Hi Chris,

Thai language does not use spaces and I am sure that Suan Luang and Suanluang are exactly the same.
You can see the location of the resort on the Bang Saphan Bar and Restaurant Map on this website.
And it is approx. 1 km from the beach.
Maybe you are mistaken with Suan Ban Krut or Suanbankrut, which is directly on the beach in Ban Krut.

guess

Post by guess » 11 Oct 2008 02:54

Chris,

Yes the names are the same no matter how they are spelt (or transliterated). SuanLuang is the name of the immediate area shown on on our map as being centered by "the Road to the Beach.

The SuanLuang Resort which has the web site is about 500 meters from the beach and set in a parkland clearing in the coconut plantation that covers most of the area.

The Suanluang Beach resort is a different unconnected resort right on the beach next door to Bang Saphan Bungalows. It can be found by turning off the main road at the TOA builders merchants toward the beach and turning right down the only tarmacked road on the right off that. After about 500 meters fork left and the road will take you to the resort. It has between 10 and 20 bungalows and a restaurant and is undergoing some refurbishment at the moment.

Going along the beach it is about 500 meters south of the Coral and I-Talay.

It is not mentioned yet in the guide because it is outside the area covered and there was nobody available to comment in time for the reviews to be published.

If you stay there and can give some feedback may be able to include it in the future.

chrispyrolls

Post by chrispyrolls » 11 Oct 2008 15:50

Thanks guys... if I ever find contact details for the Beach resort version I will let you know