Dang Bungalows

Hotels, resorts, guesthouses and beach bungalows, find somewhere to stay here. Watering holes and feeding spots, get the info here.
SPONSORS: Palm Gardens Country Road Bar & Restaurant
guess

Dang Bungalows

Post by guess » 25 Sep 2008 20:19

My wife visited Dang Bungalows yesterday to get some details from them to post on this site. The reception she got was not welcoming. She was told it was private property. She replied to them in Thai explaining what she was visiting them for but they were not interested.

So if anybody wonders why there are no details for some of the bungalow resorts in BS, that is the main reason.

I had an uninterested audience at another bungalow resort next door even when I had brought them customers. They could not even tell me the name of the resort. I put it down to the language barrier in that case.

Hopefully in both cases we just got the wrong person at the wrong time.

buksida

Post by buksida » 26 Sep 2008 12:45

The owner at Daeng is a miserable git, he once had a go at us when we wanted to walk through to the beach.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 27 Sep 2008 00:26

You said before that you've stayed Daeng in the past. Did he moan while you were residents?

guess

Post by guess » 28 Sep 2008 20:48

BTW chaps the signs do say Dang rather than Deang

buksida

Post by buksida » 29 Sep 2008 09:18

Big Boy wrote:You said before that you've stayed Daeng in the past. Did he moan while you were residents?
No, they were quite pleasant however this was about 4 years ago. Maybe he's got the hump with the competition cropping up and Kuwaitis building houses on the beach next door :D

Yes, the sign does say Dang, but if you ask anyone they all it "daeng" which means red in Thai, so he's either spelt the sign wrong or everyone is mis-pronouncing it!

santabanjo

Post by santabanjo » 01 Oct 2008 09:52

Buksida - the "Kuwaitis next door" is just one Kuwaiti, an excellent bloke who has spent a lot of time in BS over several years. He is quite popular with the locals. While not a particularly observant Muslim, he has raised money for the local mosque. He is a great wildlife photographer.

Guess me old mate, the reason they could'nt give you a name for the bungalows next door is that they've never had a name.

buksida

Post by buksida » 01 Oct 2008 11:52

santabanjo wrote:Buksida - the "Kuwaitis next door" is just one Kuwaiti, an excellent bloke who has spent a lot of time in BS over several years. He is quite popular with the locals. While not a particularly observant Muslim, he has raised money for the local mosque. He is a great wildlife photographer.
It was a joke, I know him well. :roll:

guess

Post by guess » 02 Oct 2008 16:46

santabanjo wrote:Buksida - the "Kuwaitis next door" is just one Kuwaiti, an excellent bloke who has spent a lot of time in BS over several years. He is quite popular with the locals. While not a particularly observant Muslim, he has raised money for the local mosque. He is a great wildlife photographer.

Guess me old mate, the reason they could'nt give you a name for the bungalows next door is that they've never had a name.
Santa.

Good to see you checking the forum. We are short on locals. You're the closest we have. We both know our Kuwaiti resident. Spot on chap like most of his compatriots that I have met.

I knew about the bird photography and he has published a book. He has also contributed to many others. I have been meaning to talk to him on the subject. Oi and I are both budding ornithologists.

Is the local mosque you refer to, the one past Sunrise resort?

I'll refer to the bungalows as the "No Name Bungalows" in future. What clouded the naming issue is that I had been given about five or six different names already.

Troppo

Post by Troppo » 09 Nov 2008 18:06

^^^^^^ A birdman , eh! :D

I'm trying to find a buyer for my South American GC Conure in the next 5 days before I depart Orstraylia.

Any parrot breeders in the BS / Chumpon area?

cheers

Troppo

guess

Post by guess » 11 Nov 2008 15:16

Hi Troppo,

I haven't found anybody in BS but the question really needs a Thai speaker. There is a pet shop here where they may know but no English spoken. I'll get the missus to ask when she goes out later.

BTW. This has come up on the wrong forum. What I think we need is an ask the expats forum.

Admin. Can we do that here?

BSGadmin
Site Admin

Post by BSGadmin » 12 Nov 2008 12:58

guess wrote:
We can if we have more than one resident expat poster!

I'll run a poll to see what the breakdown is.

Troppo

Post by Troppo » 13 Nov 2008 04:48

South American GC Conure Sold! To a pet shop....very happy! A$200.00 :)

I wish I had had as much luck selling my fridge & washing machine (3 months old) :(

guess

Post by guess » 13 Nov 2008 12:26

BSGadmin wrote:
guess wrote:
We can if we have more than one resident expat poster!

I'll run a poll to see what the breakdown is.
There should be two new ones in the next couple of weeks.

Too many technophobes unfortunately.