Shut down?

Hotels, resorts, guesthouses and beach bungalows, find somewhere to stay here. Watering holes and feeding spots, get the info here.
SPONSORS: Palm Gardens Country Road Bar & Restaurant
chrispyrolls

Shut down?

Post by chrispyrolls » 25 Sep 2008 15:23

Hi All,

Do the hotels / resorts in Ban Krut (or BS are in general) shut down this time of year?

Only asking as I have emailed a couple now to book for Feb 09 and none have responded... or is it an email thing? ... and should I just ring them?

Thanks

Chris

buksida

Post by buksida » 25 Sep 2008 16:56

They're all still open.

Most resorts in the area are Thai managed so they're not very responsive with email. Also many use Hotmail accounts so a lot of their incoming mail is simply blocked or rejected.

You wont need to book at this time of year unless its a long weekend (Thai holiday) but for February you may need to phone your reservation in advance.

guess

Post by guess » 25 Sep 2008 20:06

Many of the resorts rely on only one English reader and speaker.

He/she will have to answer email, take telephone and reception bookings and maybe take restaurant orders so email is usually the last priority.

When you have made you choice and cannot book online, make a post here with the hotel details and I can do a confirmation.

chrispyrolls

Post by chrispyrolls » 29 Sep 2008 22:55

Thanks for the replies

Guess - thanks for the offer - I am trying to find out if the Salathai Beach has availability for Feb 09 (16th - 21st). I've emailed them loads but to no avail... if you can ask that would be great. The "janpha" bungalow in particular... 2 pax...

The contact on their website is Mr Sirayu

If you can find out that would be great - i'll buy you lunch in Feb...

guess

Post by guess » 02 Oct 2008 16:55

chrispyrolls wrote:............................ I am trying to find out if the Salathai Beach has availability for Feb 09 (16th - 21st). I've emailed them loads but to no avail... if you can ask that would be great. The "janpha" bungalow in particular... 2 pax...

The contact on their website is Mr Sirayu

Please post a reminder in the new year.

In the meantime I am due to visit them so I will ask. They do not advertise an email address so that might be the problem.

Do you have access to fax?

chrispyrolls

Post by chrispyrolls » 02 Oct 2008 20:11

Hi

The email I have is salathai2002 at thaimail dot com - this is the one from their website (on the Thai pages)

I have not tried faxing yet - but will do so this week and we'll see what happens

Thanks again

chris