Dynamic Duo of Rescued Dogs Need a Forever Home!

Buy and sell items or services here (no spam or commercial real estate please).
NolaK

Dynamic Duo of Rescued Dogs Need a Forever Home!

Post by NolaK » 11 Jun 2017 19:07

Open Your Heart to a Ready Made Family in Need

These two fun and fabulous pups need a life-long home where they can be kept together. They are best friends. They were abandoned on the beach about 8 months ago. I saw them daily and brought them some food, but they became so thin I finally brought them home. They are now healthy, vaccinated, dewormed and have been sterilized. I estimate they are between 1.5 -2 years old.

Ernie, the black dog, is a male. Ernie is a super friendly clown, who loves belly rubs and all people! He also loves to run and play, chasing squirrels (even ran up a tree once) and is very alert with regard to snakes, letting you know they are there or outright hunting them. Ernie is ridiculously smart. If anyone takes the time to train him he will learn quickly.

Bird, the red dog, is a female. Bird is very shy with strangers taking and 1./2 hour or a few days before you can touch her. But, that makes her a good guard dog. She is not aggressive, she just barks and stays away from stranger. However once she gets to know you she is loyal, gentle and loving and will stay by your side whenever she can. Plus, she is Ernie’s pal. They play chase every morning and evening.

The two one them together make a great pair of dogs.

They get along great with all of my dogs (even a little Shihtzu) except one. However, that one dog is my priority as I have a lifelong commitment to him first and he deserves the best too. Therefore, Ernie and Bird cannot stay with me permanently. However, I will manage the situation until I find them a committed home with either a fenced yard or lots of land play on, from roads or unfriendly neighbors.

Ernie and Bird have been through enough with being abandoned, starved and likely beaten before I took them on. I’ll wait as long as that takes to find a safe palace for them.

If you are willing to consider giving two very special pups, with lots of love and personality a home, please set up a time to come and meet them.

Thank you!

(I would appreciate it if we could keep this thread on topic - inquiries about homes or dog info only, and not let it turn into yet another conversation about the impossibly of finding dogs good homes, complaints about dogs… Thanks!)

NolaK

Re: Dynamic Duo of Rescued Dogs Need a Forever Home!

Post by NolaK » 19 Jul 2017 11:00

Ignore the above post. These two have saved me and my dumb Shih tzu from too many snakes now. I am keeping them.