Bangsaphan's first property development planned

Discussion on buying, selling and renting houses and land in Bangsaphan. Please do not use this section to post properties for sale.
SPONSORS: Bangsaphan Property
buksida

Bangsaphan's first property development planned

Post by buksida » 27 Mar 2011 14:11

treen.JPG
Seen brochures for this new development which will be situated a couple of hundred meters along from Montri's bar, if it goes ahead. Looks like something more suited to Phuket, what are your thoughts on the general impact for BS if farang developments start appearing?

Caller

Re: Bangsaphan's first property development planned

Post by Caller » 27 Mar 2011 16:41

Bad, unless a landowner looking to make a buck! And that sure looks expensive, albeit very cramped. BS is a long way from anywhere - it will be interesting to see what interest it generates?

bsb

Post by bsb » 27 Mar 2011 17:33

I agree with "caller" BS is a long way from BKK for easy access.I myself hate to see it coming to BS cause "if" and when it comes to BS it will be the start of a downhill slide.
I agree with you that it looks like Phuket ot Hua-Hin and last time I checked there were people from both of those places moving to BS not away from.Then the word"feasibilty study"
seems to not be in the thai mindset. It could get built and abandoned half way thru the project ...Best thing thou is it never gets started.I do believe it will atrack a different breed of farang than we are used to for the most part and I hate to see BS go the way of HH with all the farang who think there are better than the thais and that the thais are here to serve them,yes there are one or two that way here now but not for the most part.

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 27 Mar 2011 18:08

Greed will fuel any interest in going ahead with a project like this.If the land owner asks, and gets, mega bucks it will happen. Only drawbacks from the developers point of view are the current lack of transport infrastucture and basic services, water etc
If you draw a parallel with Coral Resort,which is realtively up market for BS ,how do they fare with occupancy percentages and how do they get their guests there ? collect from Hua Hin, Bangkok ,surely not many come by rail or bus.

bsb

Post by bsb » 27 Mar 2011 21:09

Yes MP greed will be a factor,however if you drive the beach road from BS to Ban Krud ,you will see where greed lead to broken dreams. Resort after resort empty most all the time .....Its that thai mentality ,they see some one do it and notice a customer so they do the same....Look in HH how many places there are 3-5 eyeglass shops in a row or tailors...competition is good within reason but there is only so much money to go around. about corral,amazingly so alot of their guests arrive by train.The majority of their guests are french and they do alot of packages out of france

buksida

Post by buksida » 28 Mar 2011 10:55

I very much doubt those top-end beach front ones will go for less that 10 million. Someone mentioned feasibility studies, and I'd tend to agree, BS just isn't ready for developments of multi-million baht pool villas that have spread across Hua Hin like mold on a bathroom floor.

Transport, utilities, hospitals, schools and shopping outlets in BS are a long way behind other more developed parts of Thailand.

It maybe specifically targeted to Scandinavian retirees though so if it does go ahead be prepared for meatballs! Local businesses may benefit if it is marketed to everyone as, if successful, we're sure to be seeing more of them starting to appear. Land prices will go through the roof, police will start wising up to the farang wallet, Indian tailors will move in, and an immigration office will appear ....

:arrow: Deja vu? Time to move south!

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 28 Mar 2011 15:11

I had realised the Coral Resort French connection but interesting that after a long haul flight,unless they stay in Bangkok for a while ,that they venture to BS by rail. The development all sounds a bit "pie in the sky" lets hope so, the last thing needed in BS.Of course a lot of visitors go to HH for the many excellent golf courses but lets face it thats about all HH has to offer.

bsb

Post by bsb » 28 Mar 2011 16:47

I hope the Scandi's do not come here ...they already ruined Thap Sakee

TheCoffeeGarden

Post by TheCoffeeGarden » 03 Apr 2011 23:09

Look at tiny Ban Krut - there are tons of developments like that! It's only a matter of time until it spreads to Bang Saphan, even though the beach and water quality is not comparable.
You'll have to get used to tour busses coming on Friday night and leaving on Sunday morning!
Is this supposed to go in a bit north of Mike's and Abdul's houses?
Somebody bought a big plot some years ago, stretching from the small road down to the beach.

bsb

Post by bsb » 04 Apr 2011 07:56

been to Ban Krut many times and never seen a development any thing like this.Where are the "tons " of them located please

buksida

Post by buksida » 04 Apr 2011 08:11

Anyone else any thoughts? This topic has had 140 views but only 4 people have responded!

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 05 Apr 2011 13:05

buksida wrote:Anyone else any thoughts? This topic has had 140 views but only 4 people have responded!
Unfortuantly it falls into the "apathy" category. People will jump up and down and scream if it goes ahead,after its approved. Really need to come up with a good argument why it shouldn't be built and do some lobbying.

mrMARIA

Post by mrMARIA » 24 Apr 2011 10:19

plot ratio to high....setback from beach appears to be nil, IMO should be minimum 30 metres from trees nearest waterline.....side setbacks should be increased, for f##ks sake this is not inner city land....generally, more consideration should be given to preserve the existing environment, for that is the reason why people are attracted to places like BS in the first place, not just the beaches....these are my initial thoughts, but as you all are allready aware, no point complaining, 'cos nobody is listening

bsb

Post by bsb » 24 Apr 2011 19:57

Mrmaria you wrote " more consideration should be given to preserve the existing environment" this sentence can not be translated to thai same as fesibility study...

Mr Wu

Post by Mr Wu » 25 Apr 2011 07:45

Cant see this happening, it is a Mexican property standoff between them and iTalay - nobody has put a spade in the ground yet.