Bangsaphan beach land price guide

Discussion on buying, selling and renting houses and land in Bangsaphan. Please do not use this section to post properties for sale.
SPONSORS: Bangsaphan Property
buksida

Bangsaphan beach land price guide

Post by buksida » 30 Mar 2010 08:42

Thought I'd post a rough guide to land prices in BS since I've been looking at them for so long! We can update it as prices change and it will offer a good guide to what the going rate is for potential buyers. We know that a piece of land is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it but recently there have been a couple of sales of overpriced land that consequently pushes everyone elses prices up.

Will do this by location as that is the major factor on influencing price in the area. Most of the desirable land is in the Suang Luang beach area around half way between BS Yai town and the pier at BS Noi so we'll do all price estimations there - the further you go from this area the cheaper it gets.

• Absolute beach front: 4-5 million baht per rai, smaller plots will be more expensive, very large plots cheaper.
  • Up to 250 meters from the beach: 2-3 million per rai.
  • 3-500 meters from the beach: 1 million per rai.
  • Ocean view on the hill, 600-800 meters from the beach: 800k - 1 million per rai, smaller plots a lot more expensive and hard to find.
  • On the hill, no view, 1km from the beach: 600k per rai.
  • Back near or on the main road, 1.2km from the beach: 500k per rai.
  • Across the road but close proximity to it up to 1.5km from the beach: 300k per rai.
[/color]

This is all within a square kilometer or so of the Coral Resort, this is the quickest developing area at the moment with land moving fast and new homes going up on a monthly basis. Naturally this is a very rough guide but it gives an idea of what you should be paying, don't pay over the odds and do your research.

Feel free to add any comments or ask questions here.

migrant

Re: Bangsaphan beach land price guide

Post by migrant » 30 Mar 2010 09:21

Thanks for the work! It's still early for us to buy, but always good to watch the prices and budget!!

Mr Chin Chok

Post by Mr Chin Chok » 30 Mar 2010 17:50

Very nice post, especially since I am going over to BS tomorrow to take a look.

On the matter of practicalities. Is it common in Thailand to bring in a third party, like a bank, broker or lawyer when making a land purchase/sale? I remember that when selling a condo at one point in time in a Western country, we (buyer & seller) met at the real estate brokers' office and did the paperwork and money was released from escrow. Thought that seemed like a good practise.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 30 Mar 2010 22:42

Thanks buksida - good work. I must say, prices were a little higher than I was expecting. I will watch updates with interest.
Green Army

Caller

Post by Caller » 31 Mar 2010 00:52

I was 'offered' absolute beach front land - 4m per Rai, in January - direct from the Thai owner, about a kilo north of the area you are talking about.

buksida

Post by buksida » 31 Mar 2010 08:16

Mr Chin Chok wrote:Is it common in Thailand to bring in a third party, like a bank, broker or lawyer when making a land purchase/sale?
Not really though it is strongly advisable to let a Thai make contact and do all of the negotiations, the price will jump considerably if the seller realises a farang is interested. If you are married in Thailand you will also need to sign a bunch of paperwork at the land office stating the money used to purchase the land is not yours and you have no legal entitlement to it in the event of divorce (yes Thailand really does like us).
Big Boy wrote:Thanks buksida - good work. I must say, prices were a little higher than I was expecting. I will watch updates with interest.
This is in the prime square kilometer, the further you go from it the cheaper the land gets, it has been increasing roughly 20% per year in this area.
Caller wrote:I was 'offered' absolute beach front land - 4m per Rai, in January - direct from the Thai owner, about a kilo north of the area you are talking about.
That's about the going rate, though Montri's plot was sold for 5 so it can fetch more.

I will try and make a map of this area to show where plots are.

bajm

Post by bajm » 31 Mar 2010 14:32

One year ago (March 2009) , I have been looking for land in this area too.

The map shows 3 lots, which we have visited.

Lot 1: This is totally 5 rai and the price was 1 million baht per rai.
It is about 500 meters from the beach.

Lot 2: This is totally 2 rai and the price as 1.5 million baht per rai.
It is about 200 m from the beach.

Lot 3: This is 2 rai as well and the price was 4 million baht per rai.
It is directly at the beach, next to Montri's.

If you compare these prices, with the one's from Buksida's list, I think they have not increased very much during the past year.

buksida

Post by buksida » 31 Mar 2010 15:30

Lots 2 and 3 have been sold already so maybe they were good deals! If Thais are buying land there at those prices then you know they're pretty good deals, unlike in Hua Hin where everything is over inflated farang prices and Thais wont go near it.

Maurits48

Post by Maurits48 » 01 Apr 2010 22:49

A lot of info here.
We have been looking at 2 plots close to the temple in Baan Krood, both with house on it, but not to our tase ( the house) so has to be broken down and stqart building again.
Prices 2 million both same. 1 lot was place to 1/2 rai and 2nd lot was 1rai. We just noted prices and kept the contact, but reading the prices now above, it looks they are overpriced. At anyway we keep on looking but of course now only possible via internet since we intend to start living in this area within 4 years, so need to start serious looking. So myes, this kind of info is very interesting

buksida

Post by buksida » 02 Apr 2010 09:34

Maurits48 wrote: We have been looking at 2 plots close to the temple in Baan Krood,
Land in Ban Krut near the beach is more expensive than Bangsaphan so maybe they're the right price. This guide is for BS only.

Mr Chin Chok

Post by Mr Chin Chok » 03 Apr 2010 11:44

Talked to someone who claimed there is some sort of gasoline/petrol production facility on the hill some 800m from the beach. If true, obviously a concern for anyone who might buy land near it. Anyone who knows anything about this?

buksida

Post by buksida » 03 Apr 2010 20:26

800m from the beach could mean anything from Tap Sakae to Chumphon (a 130km coastline), a little more info would be good!

Mr Chin Chok

Post by Mr Chin Chok » 04 Apr 2010 14:30

buksida wrote:800m from the beach could mean anything from Tap Sakae to Chumphon (a 130km coastline), a little more info would be good!
Bang Saphan Yai, most likely located on the map inserted by "bajm" above. That should narrow it down sufficiently.

Mr Chin Chok

Post by Mr Chin Chok » 18 May 2010 18:08

Bought a plot of 123 tarang wah (492 sqm) some 300m from Coral hotel/the seaside for 400k baht.
http://www.bahtsold.com/detail.php?id=47631

Caller

Post by Caller » 18 May 2010 18:14

Congratulations!

That's = to 1.3m per rai. Obviously you're happy with the price and it seems good to me, but I wonder what those on the ground think?

Did you ever find out about the gas/petrol issue?