Finding a plot of land in Bang Saphan

Discussion on buying, selling and renting houses and land in Bangsaphan. Please do not use this section to post properties for sale.
SPONSORS: Bangsaphan Property
Post Reply
Mr Chin Chok
Posts: 57
Joined: 27 Feb 2010 20:19

Finding a plot of land in Bang Saphan

Post by Mr Chin Chok » 27 Feb 2010 20:38

Hi you all,

I'm looking for a small plot of land near the beach and somewhere quiet in Thailand to build a house and hopefully spend at least a few months per year there. Figured Bang Saphan might be it (or what do you say?). I have been to Hua Hin a few times and like that it is not too far from Bangkok yet has a nice beach.

Do you have any suggestion on how to find a piece of land to buy? Sent a message to the Bangsaphan guide a few days ago but so far have not heard from them. No disrespect to them and their prices seem fair, but my experience is also that whenever you find sth on the net directed to farang, there are usually better deals to be found locally (where/who?).

Have a Thai wife and a baby boy and live in the Nordics at the moment - the winter is killing me/us. We have a small piece of land at her familys´house outside Ayutthaya but figured we would rather live near the beach somewhere than in the middle of a rice field. We will be in Hua Hin again in early April.

Regs
Johan

User avatar
buksida
Moderator
Posts: 1582
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 16:28
Location: On the beach!
Contact:

Re: Finding a plot of land in Bang Saphan

Post by buksida » 28 Feb 2010 11:32

Mr Chin Chok wrote:
Do you have any suggestion on how to find a piece of land to buy? Sent a message to the Bangsaphan guide a few days ago but so far have not heard from them. No disrespect to them and their prices seem fair, but my experience is also that whenever you find sth on the net directed to farang, there are usually better deals to be found locally (where/who?).
No disrespect to you but you have just contradicted yourself by making that statement and then asking about property on a farang run web forum.

No email was received from you by BSG.

Mr Chin Chok
Posts: 57
Joined: 27 Feb 2010 20:19

Re: Finding a plot of land in Bang Saphan

Post by Mr Chin Chok » 07 Mar 2010 20:28

buksida wrote:
Mr Chin Chok wrote:
Do you have any suggestion on how to find a piece of land to buy? Sent a message to the Bangsaphan guide a few days ago but so far have not heard from them. No disrespect to them and their prices seem fair, but my experience is also that whenever you find sth on the net directed to farang, there are usually better deals to be found locally (where/who?).
No disrespect to you but you have just contradicted yourself by making that statement and then asking about property on a farang run web forum.

No email was received from you by BSG.
You have a point. What I had in mind was some sort of local marketplace for property deals, like that held by a bank or local real estate broker.

I sent my message through the form at Hua Hin Media online, not sure if that works?

User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Posts: 1593
Joined: 13 Sep 2008 01:26
Location: UK

Re: Finding a plot of land in Bang Saphan

Post by Big Boy » 08 Mar 2010 01:19

Green Army

User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Posts: 1593
Joined: 13 Sep 2008 01:26
Location: UK

Re: Finding a plot of land in Bang Saphan

Post by Big Boy » 08 Mar 2010 01:36

I've just followed the above link through, and have come to the form that you say you filled in. I have used a similar form successfully in the past, and knowing the reputation of Hua Hin Media I would be surprised if you were ignored.

Did you notice the warning:
HOTMAIL users please enter an alternative email address, you may not get our reply. Hotmail frequently blocks Thai email servers.?
If you have a Hotmail account, it could explain why your message didn't get through.

As a safeguard, I would suggest you PM BSGadmin with your request/requirements. I am sure it would be passed on to the correct department.
Green Army

User avatar
buksida
Moderator
Posts: 1582
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 16:28
Location: On the beach!
Contact:

Re: Finding a plot of land in Bang Saphan

Post by buksida » 08 Mar 2010 12:34

Mr Chin Chok wrote: You have a point. What I had in mind was some sort of local marketplace for property deals, like that held by a bank or local real estate broker.

I sent my message through the form at Hua Hin Media online, not sure if that works?
There are no real estate agents in BS - this website is it.

The banks may have stuff listed but you'll need to go direct to them. The best approach to buying property in the area is to go there for a few weeks to get a feel of the place and talk to the locals.

Mr Chin Chok
Posts: 57
Joined: 27 Feb 2010 20:19

Re: Finding a plot of land in Bang Saphan

Post by Mr Chin Chok » 11 Mar 2010 02:44

Big Boy wrote: If you have a Hotmail account, it could explain why your message didn't get through.
.
Nope, gmail.

Post Reply