Abandoned dogs in Bangsaphan

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
yoursTruly

Re: What bastard tied this beautiful dog to a tree on the be

Post by yoursTruly » 25 Oct 2013 08:12

bsb wrote:Yours truly....what can I say besides ....well said
maybe santi should go back and look at the bite one of the dogs gave John
a true dog lover.
Right, bsb. I think you mean this post here. Take a good look Santi. This is what we're talking about...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=835
"Don't take life too serious. It ain't no ways permanent."
-- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

bsb

Post by bsb » 25 Oct 2013 09:16

yours truly, lke I said in my last post ...santi does not live here ,has never been here ,but yet thinks his attitude against common sense prevails.

I have said it before and I will say it again...when all the unfed, underfed, children in thailand have been helped I will help with the dogs upkeep, untill then I will protect my family,friends and tourists from them any way I can, whether it is sticks ,stones or poisen

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 25 Oct 2013 12:13

Dear visitors of Bangsaphan.
Previously is a typical example of the way foreigners are living here.

yoursTruly

Post by yoursTruly » 25 Oct 2013 13:05

heikevie wrote:Dear visitors of Bangsaphan.
Previously is a typical example of the way foreigners are living here.
Not quite, Heike. That's how typical *dogs* dressed up as foreigners live here. :) (no wonder they're so dangerous!)

Have you ever thought of changing your online name on English forums to "Haiku"?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiku_in_English

Your English is a bit convoluted but nonetheless expressive!

An example Haiku might be:

Snow in my shoe
Abandoned
Sparrow's nest
-- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

yoursTruly

Post by yoursTruly » 25 Oct 2013 13:19

bsb wrote:yours truly, lke I said in my last post ...santi does not live here ,has never been here ,but yet thinks his attitude against common sense prevails.
bsb--oh, dear. And all along I thought Santi was a woman!...Has never been here? Seriously? Then how did he find his way to this forum... So it goes. Apparently a Brit ("whilst"). Seems to have strong opinions about things. From all the romanticism about dewy eyed mothers looking into their puppies eyes, I though Santi must be a woman. Oh, well, fooled again, like discovering that your date is a ladyboy...

Santi, what's up, dude?!

Bsb--I confess I'm not in BS either. I'm in a hospital bed in California, recovering from a broken hip, which delayed my flight to Bangkok. This doggie talk has helped pass the time quite well though. Thanks to all.
-- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

Caller

Post by Caller » 25 Oct 2013 17:17

Its been interesting seeing this thread develop. Some pretty entrenched and strong views displayed to say the least.

I have to say that I agree with the OP, it was a very cowardly and shoddy way to leave what would have been a much loved pet. At the very least and to face up to the reality of their situation, they could have contacted Headrock and explained what was happening and any issues with the dog and if in a position to do so, to leave some money for its upkeep.

I guess it stands a good chance of being re-homed? I know its only a drop in the ocean, but it seems to me that centres such as headrock do alleviate some of the issues with feral dogs. I've seen it in Hua Hin and more recently Korat, where on a Sunday a few weeks back, I saw a vet offering an 'on-street' free neutering service, which was in massive demand, although I've personally not noticed any particular problems in Korat (although I'm sure there are).

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 25 Oct 2013 17:51

Wouldn't it be a constructive move for the current Government to have nation wide neutering program.Or do they live in compounds with no feral ,unwanted dogs snapping at their heels and starving ? Problem is dogs don't vote but rice farmers do and their fingers are in the till for 400 billion baht. Having been bitten by a soi dog and having to go to hospital, for 6 visits for stitching and injections for rabies, there might even be a cost saving somewhere along the line.

bsb

Post by bsb » 25 Oct 2013 19:37

Mike , I think you answered all your own questions, except for one the construtive move theory. PT only does things constructive for them and their master

yours truly, maybe in a hospital now ,but you do come here every year. glad its helped you do recover

heikevie, what took so long for you to voice your opinion over your love of dogs over men

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 25 Oct 2013 21:31

To each his own. :)

yoursTruly

Post by yoursTruly » 26 Oct 2013 01:26

heikevie wrote:To each his own. :)
Or as Thais say "Up to you", which is one English expression they've taken like ducks to water.
-- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

bsb

Post by bsb » 26 Oct 2013 05:00

yours truly yes you are right

Tham jai Khun....whats funny is ask a thai what it means and 9 out of 10 will say "up to you" ,when translated word for word its acually

follow heart you meaning "follow your heart" oh well as the thais also say

mai pen rai

hope you get well soon

yoursTruly

Post by yoursTruly » 26 Oct 2013 07:27

bsb wrote: meaning "follow your heart"
Much more beautiful than "up to you"....thanks for the well wishes. I'm struggling along. They'll release me soon to a hotel, since I have no relatives in this city. I'll still be a one legged man for 2 to 4 weeks, and have to avoid falling down till then (ie. till the doc says I'm fit to walk). I hope to be in BS in December. Maybe see you then, and we can talk about the Great Dog Debates. :) which look to be winding down.
-- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

yoursTruly

Post by yoursTruly » 29 Oct 2013 09:26

A cautionary warning for those who oppose reducing the feral beach dog population...

....He had been bitten by a dog, but didn't give it much thought
until he noticed that the wound was taking a remarkably long time to
heal. Finally, he consulted a doctor who took one look at it and
ordered the dog brought in. Just as he had suspected, the dog had
rabies. Since it was too late to give the patient serum, the doctor
felt he had to prepare him for the worst. The poor man sat down at the
doctor's desk and began to write. His physician tried to comfort him.
"Perhaps it won't be so bad," he said. "You needn't make out your will
right now."
"I'm not making out any will," relied the man. "I'm just writing
out a list of people I'm going to bite!"
-- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

dogsdinner

3 month old puppy found in a tied rice sack

Post by dogsdinner » 07 Jan 2014 11:05

I hope the New Year Doesn't continue how it's started. Thep went outside to find a tied sack dumped in front of the gate. When he opened it he saw a beautiful puppy about 3 months old inside looking imploringly at him. He immediately took her out of the sack (heaven knows how long the poor little thing has been inside tied up like that) and put her into an empty puppy pen. One pic is of her sitting on the sack to show you what she had been stuffed inside. We've named her Nong Mae meaning little New One in celebration....if you can call this a celebration... of the New Year . We are left angry and almost speechless at this heartless action. The little puppy is in beautiful condition with a glossy black coat and no ticks or fleas and she's very fat. I can only think her monster owners must have loved and cared for her so why did they dump her in such a heartless way? They could have come to us explaining why they couldn't keep her and we would have taken her in. This action only re-inforces our despair at the way local people treat their puppies. She has had her first combine vaccination and has been de-wormedl. Nong Mae is extremely affectionate and loves our other puppies. She will make a wonderful family pet to someone who will truly love her so if you are that person please contact us 089.0283787. We will take responsibility for getting her neutered when she is old enough.
(8 photos)
Attachments
bsgnongmae2.jpg
bsgnongmae2.jpg (154.2 KiB) Viewed 6177 times
bsgnongmae.jpg
bsgnongmae.jpg (141.98 KiB) Viewed 6177 times

michanth

Re: 3 month old puppy found in a tied rice sack

Post by michanth » 08 Jan 2014 07:10

This is so sad. Thank goodness for people like you. If I was there, (which I'm working on) I would adopt her and love her unconditionally. Breaks my heart that someone could do this.