PUBLIC WARNING: dangerous dogs on the beach

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
BSGadmin
Site Admin

PUBLIC WARNING: dangerous dogs on the beach

Post by BSGadmin » 31 Mar 2013 20:14

PUBLIC WARNING
This is a public notice to warn beach goers that there is a pack of dogs next to iTalay at the Sangjun Resort that have and will attack people.

Those staying in resorts south of The Coral are not advised to walk the beach after dark. One dog in particular is very vicious and has bitten and hospitalized at least five people that we are aware of.
dogs.jpg
Last night the dog attacked again leaving its victim with a 4 inch gash on the leg, he is recovering in hospital at the moment after undergoing expensive courses of antibiotics and rabies jabs. It is the second time he has been attacked by the same dog whilst walking home past this resort.
wound.jpg
Please do not let children use this stretch of beach unsupervised and exercise extreme caution if you need to pass the Sangjun Resort.

The police will be informed though it remains to be seen whether any action will be taken.

bsb

Re: PUBLIC WARNING: dangerous dogs on beach at Sangjun Resor

Post by bsb » 31 Mar 2013 21:07

sometimes a man must act on his own,as the police's hands are tied in other countries and of course in thailand mai pen rai. seems a litte rat poison steak would fit the bill here ....as shooting it would be illegal. as I have said many times before in this forum, if one of these dogs bites mywife or children, I promise you there will be alot less dogs in bang saphan

beejoir

Post by beejoir » 01 Apr 2013 01:21

Shit thats a nasty gash, worse still are the rabies jabs.

I always found that if a pack of dogs comes close just pretend to pick up a rock and they'll run, I normally don't pretend just in case tough!

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 01 Apr 2013 07:11

is this the the male dog in my car you are talking about?
If yes. two year before we brought him to the vet and ask the owner to
to castrate him immediately.
We would have paid for it. Then he would not be more aggressive.
But the owners did not want it.

BSGadmin
Site Admin

Post by BSGadmin » 01 Apr 2013 09:14

heikevie wrote: But the owners did not want it.
Yes, this certainly looks like the same dog.

If this is the case then the owners are squarely to blame, we hope the police will take action against the Sangjun Resort for harboring an animal that is a menace to the public.

buksida

Post by buksida » 01 Apr 2013 12:59

I've had to prevent our kids from walking home on the beach because they have to pass this resort, hope something is done soon.

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 01 Apr 2013 15:51

Surely the victim, with some physical presence of others, can approach the owners and state the obvious, the dog has to be either muzzled or removed. If a human had inflicted a wound of that magnitude you can bet your life some action would have been taken by the police. Has no one there at the beach not got some clout with the boys in brown ?

bsb

Post by bsb » 02 Apr 2013 09:20

if people who seem to love dogs more than people can have concerts to help these flea bitten hounds ...why can't we people who believe that people are much higher on the food chain than these nasty bastards have a concert to promote and gather money to have them put to sleep
really makes no difference to me put to sleep humanely or poisoned...yea i know I am no good for saying that ...untill you or your child is bitten..then its a great idea...my question is why wait?????

waz

Post by waz » 02 Apr 2013 13:11

This is not agood look for Bangsaphan,it could possibly end up like the case in Pattaya of the German with his rottweiler pup .

passingthrough

Post by passingthrough » 06 Apr 2013 07:24

Thanks Mike. The victim, that is me, has done exactly that, with the help of someone who does have a certain "clout" with the police.

The result was not entirely satisfactory. The police went with myself and my three Thai friends to see the owner. Most of the conversation was in very fast Thai so I couldn't follow most of it, but the bottom-line is that he promised to muzzle the beast.

IF that promise is followed to the letter, I guess I should accept it. Although I would prefer to see the beast put down. But then I do have a certain grudge since that same dog has bitten me twice now. I walk down that beach most days, at totally unpredictable times, on the way from and to home and I will be going out of my way to check that his promise is being carried out. I do not trust the word of anyone who knowingly harbours a dangerous dog. (Yes, I did complain to the owners in person last time.)

However if I ever see it unmuzzled, there are certain other options as people have mentioned.
Buksi knows as well as I just how terrible I would feel if this b*****d got hold of a kid and particularly one of his. Sadly, I do believe in the rule of law, not the lynch-mob. If the law fails though...

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 06 Apr 2013 11:23

Glad to hear that. I had the same experience years ago in Bangkok and 6 visits to the hospital for rabies shots and new dressing,stitches etc. It was a soi dog and my Thai neighbour, in the still of night relocated it, before it bit a child . I still have the scar and so will you, as a reminder of the total mindless attitude SOME people have to dog ownership and the fact that the dog is their responsibilty.

There are several products available, on line, now might be worth checking out ,they range from collars to stop dogs barking, and they do work ,and items like the old fashioned "cattle prod" which emits a low voltage electric current. And before the do gooders get upset I do love dogs and use to breed Irish Setters but I put more value on a human life than I do a dog's.

Finally I have referred many friends to BS for holidays and they all enjoyed themselves and they do sporadically read this site.Most have children or grandchildren and I can assure you if this problem is not resolved they wont be going back.

passingthrough

Post by passingthrough » 07 Apr 2013 00:13

Well now, there is a surprise! (end sarcasm) I met the owner when going out this evening and asked where the dog was. My Thai is pretty poor but I thought he said it was locked up behind his house. Which I could accept.

But, with a whole load of kids out enjoying their holiday on the beach tonight, I am pretty sure I saw his dog slinking around unmuzzled and free, lurking around Sangjun as usual when I came back tonight. Fortunately I had my dear (and big) doggy friend M with me. He knows as well as anyone does what is going on here, he is a smart dog. He chased the dog off. Can anyone say I have not done everything I possibly can?

I know that the dog is probably their friend, and nobody who owns or likes dogs finds it easy to "put down" (what a horrid expression) their pet. But, honestly, enough is enough!

BSGadmin
Site Admin

Post by BSGadmin » 22 Apr 2013 08:43

The dangerous dog is still at large, the owners have done nothing to tether or muzzle it. There were many children playing on the beach in the iTalay/Sangjun area last night - it is only a matter of time until one is hospitalized or worse.

BE WARNED

BSGadmin
Site Admin

Post by BSGadmin » 11 Nov 2014 07:09

Update to this topic as high season approaches

The dangerous dog at Sangjun is still there but no reports of attacks have come through in recent months.

However another dog that will bite and attack people is lurking around the Love @ Sea Resort so please take care if walking the beach or road past this place. It is quite large and black, shows little fear and has bitten three people so far.

yoursTruly

Re: PUBLIC WARNING: dangerous dogs on the beach

Post by yoursTruly » 12 Nov 2014 07:46

>>The dangerous dog is still at large, the owners have done nothing to tether or muzzle it. There were many children playing on the beach in the iTalay/Sangjun area last night - it is only a matter of time until one is hospitalized or worse.

I can't believe that people put up these dangerous dogs year after year. I doubt that Thais would. (There are ways...)
"Don't take life too serious. It ain't no ways permanent."
-- Pogo, by Walt Kelly