Suan Luang Beach infrastructure wishlist

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
buksida

Suan Luang Beach infrastructure wishlist

Post by buksida » 22 May 2012 07:53

Someone mentioned the lack of infrastructure in Bangsaphan on another thread so I thought I'd start a new one to discuss what is and isn't 'needed' at the SL beach area where 90% of the tourists (both international and domestic) stay.

ATM - the nearest one is 6km away in town.
Power - the electricity supply is dire at best (usually running at only 60-70% capacity) and the govt will not upgrade transformers unless they are paid. This is not an issue for private developments and resorts that can buy their own one.
Internet - TOT are the only providers that reach this area and their lines are down more often than up - that said service is slowly improving.
Convenience Store - A 7-Eleven would do a roaring trade in this area and I'm amazed nobody has opened on yet, people still need to go into town for basic supplies.
Street Lighting - Some roads are dangerously dark at night and a few lights would do well.
Road Repairs - Pot holes are unpleasant for any vehicle, they are in abundance here and it seems to be down to the local residents to fix them.
Dog Patrol - Packs of feral dogs are still a menace along the beach in some spots, walkers need to arm themselves if running certain gauntlets along this stretch of beach.
A Driving Range - .... just kidding. :mrgreen:

Any other thoughts?

bsb

Re: Suan Luang Beach infrastructure wishlist

Post by bsb » 22 May 2012 09:25

Atm..bad idea as realitives of we all know who would steal it

power ...hope and pray (if you think it works) to live where some farang moran does't come in and over build the capacity in your local village so his thai wife can think she shows power

7-11 we all know who owns them in this town and thats not gonna change or in this area even come close to the minimum cash flow

street lighting ...costs so little to light your own street and install auto ons

road repairs ...55555555

feral dogs ..this could go on for days, but if one bites or attacks any of my children ..there will be one less to worry about...maybe more as a man never knows what he is capable of when his child is threatened

but the lack of infastructure is also the lack of any good wine or booze store, a really good steak, good cheese and so many other things a person who drop4-9 million on a home expects

and I have not even touched on internet as we all agree sucks

Mr Wu

Post by Mr Wu » 22 May 2012 15:59

Turn it into Hua Hin why dont you. Next you'll be wanting car parks, Mcdonalds, jetskis (oh we already have them), a corrupt immigration office and thieving tourist police.

Bangsapan is fine as it is.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 22 May 2012 20:08

bsb wrote:a person who drop4-9 million on a home expects
4 to 9 million on this thread, and 7 million on the other thread. I'm not sure what this has to do with infrastructure, or lack of it. Could you expand please?

Or are you saying that you were expecting more for paying less?
Green Army

Mr Chin Chok

Post by Mr Chin Chok » 23 May 2012 02:21

A taxi service. Car or truck, not motorbike. I know, the motorbike guys would probably kill the taxi guy, but hey got to change some day.

bsb

Post by bsb » 23 May 2012 07:38

mr. wu ..I agree with you actually I think it was better 10 years ago

big boy ...what I mean is if you drop 4- 9 million on a home wouldn't you like to know you could have a good steak, or good wine or a superior place to dine and relax,infastruction means more than water and sewer lines

chin chok they have that here now in limited capacity ...just gotta know who to call

buksida

Post by buksida » 23 May 2012 07:54

Mr Wu wrote:Turn it into Hua Hin why dont you. Next you'll be wanting car parks, Mcdonalds, jetskis (oh we already have them), a corrupt immigration office and thieving tourist police.
No need for the vitriol, just tying to generate a discussion on this otherwise dead message board.
bsb wrote:Atm..bad idea as realitives of we all know who would steal it
:mrgreen: Forgot about the teenage mafia, yes the ATM probably wouldn't last long.

bajm

Post by bajm » 23 May 2012 14:38

Look at the positive side: Suan Luang has a couple of nice beach bars, where you can get together.
In Ban Krut we have a 7/11, ATM’s and the problems with power and internet are not annoying.
But there is no farang meeting place, like Montri’s.

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 24 May 2012 08:21

As an infrequent visitor, only because its a long way from Chiang Mai, I think the only things you are missing, if you want to retain the charm of the beach area, is a mini mart and some form of transport back and forth to town. Even a tuk tuk would suffice and a mini mart would surely be profitable if tacked onto an existing business.

SeaShell

Post by SeaShell » 25 May 2012 07:52

Sorry to say, a minimart with the fresh daily produce needed ie. bread, milk etc, will be a while before arriving in that area. The manufacturer's will not supply! The population is not big enough. Look how long it has taken to get a 7-eleven in Bankrut!

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 25 May 2012 10:13

I wasn't thinking of perishables eg fresh bread and milk But long life milk ,soft drinks, juices,coffee,tea,ice creams ,packaged snacks , personal products soap,toothpaste,shampoo, etc etc all the small things that you dont want to make a run to town for

bsb

Post by bsb » 25 May 2012 18:43

Mike ,most all of those items can be bought at why not , several people have tried a mini mart and just can't seem to make it work for what reason I do not know

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 26 May 2012 14:47

Well position in business is almost everything and I must admit you cant get a much better position than "Why not" Funny whenever I've been there couldnt see any stock on display or even a sign to say it was available.Might need new glasses !

bsb

Post by bsb » 26 May 2012 19:01

Mike, I think you been around long enough in thailand,to understand that in the kingdom of make believe ,nothing is at it appears....powder,soap,toothpaste ,brush ice cream is their you gotta ask...when you coming down this way again?

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 26 May 2012 19:45

BSP. Not sure have a friend in Australia who wants to live on the beach at Bangsaphan on a semi perm basis,took him down last year ,loved the place so waiting for him to get organised and will make it then. CM is a long way from BS around 15 hours.