General topics and foo

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
yoursTruly

Re: General topics and foo

Post by yoursTruly » 07 Jul 2014 15:48

Bang Saphan Physicist Makes Youtube Video!!!

Kenneth Dalton, well known Bang Saphan physicist and raconteur has made his first youtube video, a paper on "black holes", which I'm sure you'll all be interested in. The article should be easily understandable by all Bang Saphaners with even an elementary knowledge of advanced astrophysics.

The controversial Mr Dalton has had three papers published in journals in the last year alone.

"Don't take life too serious. It ain't no ways permanent."
-- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

johnny red

Post by johnny red » 08 Jul 2014 08:25

we all know Ken is a very smart and well educated man,where as most of BSG readers are not on his level, so to put it in simple terms all can understand I offer this. First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.

With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I go out with you", and take into account the fact that I went out with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.

The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore extinct . . . leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being, which explains why last night Teresa kept shouting "Oh, my God!"

yoursTruly

Post by yoursTruly » 08 Jul 2014 10:32

>>which explains why last night Teresa kept shouting "Oh, my God!"

There you are. You saved the little Hellion from Hell, all through the Divine Intervention of your Celestial Wand. Perhaps there'll be a successor to Mother Teresa in the near future? Little Hellions around the bungalow?

If you read Chuck Palahnuik, you'll know that the landscape of Hell is an extraordinary place, for instance:

There are enormous sand dunes made out of fingernail clippings that fall from Earth.

There is the "Ocean of Wasted Sperm" who's level never declines but only increases, which comes from the endless masturbation of the "predead" on Earth, as they're called.

There are only two jobs available in Hell:

1) Sex toy model, or
2) Telemarketer

And Damnation to Hell can occur for trifling infractions...consider this 15 year old High School footballer.

"Without looking up from her own reflection in her compact mirror, Babette asks, "What are you down here for?"

"Offsides," the football man calls back.

I ask, "What's 'offsides'?"

Printed across the back of his jersey is a big number 54 and the name Patterson. To me, the football man says, "I had a part of my foot over the scrimmage line when the ref blew his whistle to signal the start of play. That's 'offsides.'"

I ask, 'And that's in the Bible?"

"Two minutes into the second quarter," he says, "I intercepted a pass and got sacked by a defensive tackle--pow! Now, I'm here."

--------
God's retribution comes quick, so "watch your step" Earthlings!!
-- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

yoursTruly

Post by yoursTruly » 13 Jul 2014 11:28

Sorry folks. This is just a repost of Ken's physics paper, since the original link was deleted. I have to apologize a bit on this one--I include another link to shamelessly boost its youtube rating. (google searching lists articles with more links to them closer to the top) This is the last time I'll do it. If the mods find this objectionable, please delete this post. Just trying to help out an old friend and Bang Saphaner....I deliberately didn't put youtube tags around the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGTpDpirOmk
-- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

yoursTruly

Dog meat seller charged

Post by yoursTruly » 22 Oct 2014 14:47

-- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

yoursTruly

Mani people : Ethnic negrito tribe of Thailand

Post by yoursTruly » 10 Nov 2014 17:46

Pretty interesting documentary about the "Thai-negritos", a tribe living in southern Thailand (in Satun province I gather). Nobody knows where they came from or how long they've been there.

(I hope somehow they can eventually put some rhythm into Thai music)

[Mod Edit] Sorry, but we can't permit that link. However, here are the associated videos:

-- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

yoursTruly

Forbes: Thailand's bubble economy headed for '97 style crash

Post by yoursTruly » 10 Nov 2014 17:53

Or so says this capitalist asshole rag.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessecolomb ... yle-crash/
-- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

yoursTruly

Re: Forbes: Thailand's bubble economy headed for '97 style c

Post by yoursTruly » 10 Nov 2014 18:05

PS: Now I see the article's over a year old. Well....
-- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

squalorMotel

English test from Thai schools. Try it!

Post by squalorMotel » 16 May 2015 18:40

These are a few questions from a standardized English test administered in government schools in Thailand. Pretty difficult to answer.

http://oa.kapook.com/view119106.html

bazfaz

Do your job - get paid extra

Post by bazfaz » 31 Aug 2015 17:22

I see that the Thailand police chief is giving his men an extra $83,000 for the arrest of a suspect connected with the Erawan bombing. Silly me. I thought that was what police were paid for.

squalorMotel

Post by squalorMotel » 06 Sep 2015 20:19

Mom! I told you never to come into my room!!!

squalorMotel

Post by squalorMotel » 06 Sep 2015 20:24

New product line opening at the 7-11...

squalorMotel

Post by squalorMotel » 16 Sep 2015 23:40

Thai design at its best. Fun begins at 50 seconds. A pedestrian overpass/electric chair.

https://www.facebook.com/ShopGoodIdea/v ... 884326870/