Election fever in Bangsapan, paid canvassers on the streets!

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
Mr Wu

Election fever in Bangsapan, paid canvassers on the streets!

Post by Mr Wu » 20 Jun 2011 18:22

Passed a group of about 40 Pua Thai canvassers this morning heading along the main road, stopped to find out what the hubbub was about as I always considered bangsapan to be a Democrat stronghold.

I then heard that each one had received 1000 baht to canvass for the PT party and drum up more support :shock:

I volunteered my services by they wouldnt let non-Thais join in the fun and earn a little pocket money from uncle Thaksin :evil:

bsb

Re: Election fever in Bangsapan, paid canvassers on the stre

Post by bsb » 20 Jun 2011 19:30

Mr wu, that explains a lot of your posts you a pt/toxin fan

bsb

Post by bsb » 21 Jun 2011 03:11

well mr.wu they made it to our village and they are offering 1500 for a vote for the convicted
on the run ex pm's party...of course as always give up ID card and such....off the top of my head i can not think of one thing that could be worse for thailand than this yahoo getting a chance to come back and rob the country somemore.

Mr Wu

Post by Mr Wu » 21 Jun 2011 07:22

bsb wrote:Mr wu, that explains a lot of your posts you a pt/toxin fan
I am a fan of no politician, I am simply an observer and say what I see (and sometimes hear).

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 21 Jun 2011 13:39

bsb wrote:well mr.wu they made it to our village and they are offering 1500 for a vote for the convicted
on the run ex pm's party...of course as always give up ID card and such....off the top of my head i can not think of one thing that could be worse for thailand than this yahoo getting a chance to come back and rob the country somemore.
Well you are doing ok down there.In Chiang Mai my wife was offered only 500b to attend a rally with Yingluck spouting the message that everone will be rich and offering farmers credit cards.My wife hates Toxic with a passion but was on the back of a motor cycle taxi so kept quiet and politely said no thanks.... too busy.

bsb

Post by bsb » 21 Jun 2011 16:19

mike I am glad to know that even in CM they are having to pay money. maybe it will not be as easy as PT and convict want people to believe. you wife sounds like a smart woman.

buksida

Post by buksida » 22 Jun 2011 10:31

Doesn't matter where you are - we'll all be in deep doo-doo if Toxin and his cronies get back into power...

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 04 Jul 2011 18:33

The election result was expected . The "Marcos stragety " in the Philippines,many years ago, was make the poor believe you care about them,slip them a few pesos/ baht and they are yours forever.Thaksin followed the template.

I know down your way Democrats were comfortable wimnners but the bulk of people live in the North East. PT won 160 seats Democrats zip.So we have a divided nation.

In the cold light of dawn PT has promised a minimum daily pay of 300 baht (up about 30% overall) Bachelor degree holders will get 15,000 baht a month min.Up here in CM they average 10,000 b tops. I am no economist, far from it, but can you imagine what will happen to the inflation figure as costs have to be past on. With businesses struggling to stay afloat in the current economy,where wil it lead ? The pay for vote was rife here in the north 100-300 baht was the most talked about,and confirmed ,figure.Happy days !

buksida

Post by buksida » 04 Jul 2011 18:57

Simple demographics, Bangkok and every province south was won by the democrats predictably, and Issan was won by PT - they won overall simply because there is a greater population density and more MPs per constituency up north - hence the 'majority'. Doesn't detract from the fact that a great rift still exists in Thailand.

bsb

Post by bsb » 05 Jul 2011 05:06

a raise in minimun raise of 30% will caause more unemployment than one can imagine, it is difficult now for thailand to stay competitive,that will kill it.The problem in thailand is no different than any where in the world,most economists would be better door stops.

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 05 Jul 2011 20:25

buksida wrote:Simple demographics, Bangkok and every province south was won by the democrats predictably, and Issan was won by PT - they won overall simply because there is a greater population density and more MPs per constituency up north - hence the 'majority'. Doesn't detract from the fact that a great rift still exists in Thailand.
True and the rift will not go away anytime soon. The voting results map in the Nation today was very interesting.

buksida

Post by buksida » 05 Jul 2011 20:52

That's a great visual indicator of how split this Kingdom is despite the numbers game, here it is for those interested anyway:
votemap.jpg
(click to expand it).

North/South Korea scenario soon?