Dogs on the Beach

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
SeaShell

Dogs on the Beach

Post by SeaShell » 30 May 2011 08:25

I know a few of you have noticed the amount of dogs that seemed to have doubled on the beach in the last 6mths or so.
It is getting rather dangerous as well. I know of at least two people that have been bitten in the last week or so (through no fault of their own) and have had to have rabies injections (which are not cheap). :x

Probably a stupid question! But is there anything that can be done about these dogs? :roll:

bsb

Re: Dogs on the Beach

Post by bsb » 30 May 2011 09:49

I would be a backer of putting wild strays to sleep, not sure what you can do about the ones with collars that the owners let run wild...maybe put the owners to sleep? just kidding (about the owners). I am a nervious wreck sitting at Why Not everytime these dogs have thier territory fights and always bothering people and scaring children.Like I have said in these posts many times if I see one of them bite a child,there will be one less stray dog and I know others with children that feel the same.

buksida

Post by buksida » 31 May 2011 10:24

There is a vicious bastard just past iTalay that will attack anything that walks past.

Obviously some idiot owns this mutt as there is a collar on it - it needs to go before someone gets seriously hurt.

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 31 May 2011 16:01

Thank you Martin!!!
I'm the idot that takes the collar on.
I stop it now.

I stop to give every dog a rabies injection (and more) on the Beach and in Bangsaphan. I can save my money to sit at the WhyNotbar for drink.

Should you or your children have rabies.
I can not help it.

no one should be bitten. But i do not like this talk of dog-haters.

Members - Good luck to kill dogs.

bsb:
will be much happy.

your idiot HEIKE

buksida

Post by buksida » 31 May 2011 17:10

An untrained savage dog that attacks people at random has no place wandering round freely, it is a menace and should be tied up or kept inside its owners house.

The damn thing attacked me two days ago while I was at Sangjun Resort, if it went for one of my kids it would not be alive for very long after.

bsb

Post by bsb » 31 May 2011 19:48

So explain to me Heike, how do you think a collar and a rabie shot keeps dogs from biting people? or do you just feel better that if they do because of a collar and shot it is OK.

The Family

Post by The Family » 31 May 2011 23:36

Ok! I do not want to upset anybody on this subject, but I have a little dog (and you probably know who I am) and I know he can be a bit loud, he is not the best dog in the world (because I have spoilt him), but he's my baby, with a big mouth, OK, but, he has not ever bitten anybody and would not hurt a fly. He is so gentle with children, they pull his ears, he will even share their ice cream,without a fuss or a bite!!He jumps at his own shadow. When we first came to BS we used to have lots of fun on the beach amongst our selves. But now, my dog is house bound because of the amount of nasty dogs on the beach. he gets attacked not by one dog but a pack of dogs. I have been told many a time to let my dog have a fight to teach him a lesson, but I love my dog and do not want to see him hurt !! Am I wrong?

Mr Wu

Post by Mr Wu » 01 Jun 2011 08:28

It is not the fault of the dogs, it is the people that feed them and encourage them that keep them hanging around (example above, collaring a dangerous animal just encourages it), one bar in particular there is the main culprit - I have even seen plates of food given to the animals inside the bar!

These dogs are ferral, hence they will attack - it is down to the members of a responsible community as to whether they should be allowed to stay there or not, I don't suppose that this community would allow a wild pig to run riot biting people so why do it with dogs.

bsb

Post by bsb » 03 Jun 2011 20:48

the family ...I have seen your dog and I think you are right in keeping him home because those dogs would kill him, its not like they are playing,they are fighting for their territory
please do not let him think he can share my or my kids ice creame thou, 55555

The Family

Post by The Family » 04 Jun 2011 08:08

bsb.. I think the only way my dog will ever share their ice-cream, is if they drop it! Your children have known my dog for a few years now, and still they are timid around him. Going back to the above, is probably why your children are worried about my dog! No fault of their own or my dog's!!

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 04 Jun 2011 11:30

heikevie wrote:Thank you Martin!!!
I stop it now.

I stop to give every dog a rabies injection (and more) on the Beach and in Bangsaphan. I can save my money to sit at the WhyNotbar for drink.

I can not help it.

bsb:
will be much happy.

your idiot HEIKE
Heike Please try and understand what people are trying to tell you.No one is a "dog hater" but if your dog bit me and you told me "its ok it has had a rabies injection" I would not believe you ,you know why ? Rabies can kill you very quickly ,especially young children,its not worth the risk.

I was bitten by a dog in Bangkok 6 years ago.I had to have my leg wound stitched and 6 weeks of injections. YOUR dog is YOUR responsibilty.It should NEVER be on the beach without you.If you can't accept this perhaps you should consider moving. The beach belongs to everone, no one owns it especially out of control dogs.Think about and try to be a good citizen and people will respect you.

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 04 Jun 2011 11:42

Guys I think the only way you are going to solve this ongoing problem is, those who are concerned, and rightly so, should confront the owners and say enough is enough,strength in numbers. There are at least 3 dogs hanging around the house next to Daengs. They are friendly but of course when they venture up the beach all hell breaks loose. I'm not sure if the people living there own them but no way should 3 dogs be living in one place, right on the beach.We had it said to us that most of these dogs at BS beach are owned by foreigners which should make the task of communication a little easier. Let me add this problem is not exclusive to BS but where the beach is concerned it's not on.

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 04 Jun 2011 14:38

Mike Parker wrote:
heikevie wrote:Thank you Martin!!!
I stop it now.

I can not help it.

bsb:
will be much happy.

your idiot HEIKE
Heike Please try and understand what people are trying to tell you.No one is a "dog hater" but if your dog bit me and you told me "its ok it has had a rabies injection" I would not believe you ,you know why ? Rabies can kill you very quickly ,especially young children,its not worth the risk.

I was bitten by a dog in Bangkok 6 years ago.I had to have my leg wound stitched and 6 weeks of injections. YOUR dog is YOUR responsibilty.It should NEVER be on the beach without you.If you can't accept this perhaps you should consider moving. The beach belongs to everone, no one owns it especially out of control dogs.Think about and try to be a good citizen and people will respect you.
I never say "it´s ok it has had a rabies injection" in case of dog bites.
I never say it is ok if a dog bites. And certainly not in children..
I never say i'm the owner of these free running dogs.
These are allegations of Martin, bsb, Michelle,Mr.Wu.......and other

I was more as one time in the BS Hospital about dog bites. I Got a lot of stiches bekommen.

That´s one reason why I started to Neuter all free running dogs in and around Suan Luang. More as 60 dogs in one year. So they do not multiply. Also to give all the vaccine.
That cost me a lot of money and time.

Go to the english couple with the 3 dogs, you talk about. There live behind Deang in the Bougalow of Abdul.
They will not share your opinion.

If you and your guys and girls have the opinion rifle shot or poison is better and cheaper. Then going on.

If you are a coward you can also ask the Muslims to do this.

Then "Tigerbaby" can safely use the beach again

I have stoped all activities after anonymous calls: They want to inform the thai police about "my work" (volontary dog helping) without work permit.

Crazy

But be carefull. I can do that too. And be sure i do it.

bsb

Post by bsb » 05 Jun 2011 04:20

heikevie,I think you had a good idea ....spend your money on drinking at why not....you are wound tighter than an 8 day clock...the booze might loosen you up some.

buksida

Post by buksida » 05 Jun 2011 12:18

heikevie wrote: These are allegations of Martin, bsb, Michelle,Mr.Wu.......and other
No such allegations were made by me if you care to read the post again. I stated that 'the owner' is the idiot for letting a dangerous animal run free on the beach, I assumed this animal had an owner or a caretaker due to the collar on it, your name was not mentioned once and you were the one that jumped in here and started talking about rabies and such.

It has been reported that this one dog alone has now bitten four separate people (myself included).

It needs to be dealt with ... fast, before a child gets seriously hurt or worse. There is nothing cowardly about killing a wild animal that is a danger to the public.

The alternative is a possible child fatality - how good would that be for Bangsaphan?