What's the shopping supplies deal?

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
Spitfire

What's the shopping supplies deal?

Post by Spitfire » 03 Oct 2010 20:17

I've had a reasonable look around the threads and can't find much related to this subject, forgive me if there is or if the answer is considered as obvious.

Can you all give the 'run-down' on the availability/easiness of domestic shopping in the realms such as Tesco/Makro etc and the nearest proximity of the aforementioned places to BS.

Cheers.

bajm

Re: What's the shopping supplies deal?

Post by bajm » 04 Oct 2010 14:44

The charm from Bang Saphan and Ban Krut is that you will not find large shops like Tesco's and Makro.
There are serveral 7/11's and privately owned minimarts.
And of course both Bang Saphan and Ban krut have a very good market for all kinds of food.

To answer your question, I think the nearest Tesco and Makro are in Pranburi.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » 04 Oct 2010 18:32

Yeah, thanks for that bajm, figured that that might well be the case. It's always one of the many good pointers to give some idea of what a place is like and get an image built up.

Sounds nice and peaceful.

Caller

Post by Caller » 04 Oct 2010 23:48

And in the other direction is a Carrefour and Makro on the road heading into Chumphon, from the Petchkasem Road.

There is a small 'supermarket' in the town that sells some western bits and bobs, as well as some wine.

The Family

Post by The Family » 10 Oct 2010 14:23

Yes! You have carrefour & Makro's in Chumphon - about 120km south of Bangsaphan. There is also Tesco under construction as we speak!