Bangsaphan Coronavirus/Covid-19 updates

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
Big Boy

Re: Bangsaphan Coronavirus/Covid-19 updates

Post by Big Boy » 19 Aug 2021 12:15

Yes, I think that's fairly well publicised. I'm jabbing for personal protection at the moment, not travel. It's not as if we have much choice at the moment anyway. Choices are little more than take it or leave it. Some will take, some will refuse - everybody has that choice, and I see nobody being forced either way.

Personally, I don't see myself leaving the country for quite some time. If the situation hasn't changed by the time I decide to travel, it'll be no different to travelling to Thailand back in the 80s. See what jabs I need, have them and travel - nothing I haven't done before. When the time arises, choice of vaccine should be plentiful. I don't see it as a big deal.
Green Army

buksida

Post by buksida » 19 Aug 2021 13:02

Agree, we all have a choice at the moment. But ... being a dictatorship I can see them forcing people to take Sinovac "or 20,000 baht fine" if the numbers don't come down over the next couple of months.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 19 Aug 2021 13:40

Yes, there is that hidden threat, although the Covid Pass will be a more subtle way of doing it. Of course, after 18 months of financial Hell, I just can't see businesses turning business away. After all, this is Thailand where they have a law for everything, but 80% are ignored.
Green Army

buksida

Post by buksida » 20 Aug 2021 09:15

There are vague reports of our first local case in Suan Luang, a farang teacher that has returned from another province with covid. Nothing confirmed yet, will update when there are more details.

Stay safe out there.

osandpo

Post by osandpo » 20 Aug 2021 11:57

It’s not clear from the daily case numbers but apparently a closed door wedding party at Steak Nam Nuea in Ban Krut last weekend is likely to have been a spreader event. Bridegroom’s dad kindly brought the virus with him from Hua Hin. The restaurant and all surrounding businesses have closed while all staff are under isolation orders (which of course a few may not comply with fully)

bsb

Post by bsb » 20 Aug 2021 14:30

I think there are a lot more than 1, for example the entire market on 3374 closed down because of Covid there ,hence the larger than normal # of people selling roadside. Also reported 2 days ago 2 cases in Moo1

buksida

Post by buksida » 21 Aug 2021 11:20

I am talking about our immediate area, Suan Luang beach, not the main road (the market was open last time I looked) or town. The case was confirmed as medical staff were asking if anyone had been in contact with her.

According to the daily figures, there is a total of 46 for the week in the entire Bangsaphan amphur which is a very large area and includes Ban Krut. https://www.huahinforum.com/viewtopic.p ... start=2056

bsb

Post by bsb » 21 Aug 2021 17:58

buksida, since you want to nit pick everything there are 7 days in a week so there will be more than 46 cases this week. Also the last time I looked the market was closed and had been until it was past their mandatory closing. Which just so happened to be the day you drove by. The girl is in the hospital and 3several people in self isolation, two being good friends.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 22 Aug 2021 08:38

Very sorry guys, this looks as though it was a scam (I've deleted the original post).
opportunity.jpg
opportunity.jpg (76.77 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
Below is the reply from the British Embassy ...
Thank you for your enquiry of 21/08/2021 15:29 .
We appreciate that you are looking for clarity regarding vaccination programmes.
The British Embassy in Bangkok is not providing vaccines for British Nationals resident in Thailand. British nationals should aim to be vaccinated in the country where they live and the Thai government has confirmed that vaccinations will be provided for everybody who is resident in Thailand, including foreigners.
We are closely monitoring the Thai government’s plans to roll out the vaccine, including registration processes. As information becomes available about the national vaccination programme we will share this on our travel advice pages.
You can also register with the Embassy to receive detailed information about the vaccination programme by sending a message to Bangkok.DocumentaryServices@fcdo.gov.uk
You can also sign up for email alerts for updates to our Travel Advice using the link in the summary section. Information about vaccines is available to read in the coronavirus section.
Information about vaccines used in other national programmes, including regulatory status, should be available from local authorities. British nationals may locate English-speaking doctors in Thailand and, where available, can find information provided by local authorities on the roll-out/availability of a COVID-19 vaccine. We provide this information through our Living in Guides. The World Health Organisation recognises a number of Stringent Regulatory Authorities, which may also be a useful source of additional information.
We hope you find this reply useful.
Regards
David F.
Consular Contact Centre
Green Army

buksida

Post by buksida » 22 Aug 2021 11:39

bsb, I nitpick when things posted are simply not true.

There may well be more than 46 cases this week, but they are for the ENTIRE amphur - which is a massive area (a whole bunch of them were from that Ban Krut hi-so wedding). Aside from this one girl, there has been virtually no covid in our IMMEDIATE area which is Suan Luang beach (though there are a few around here that enjoy spreading panic and rumours with little evidence aside from gossip). Our local shop has closed now as a consequence though, and will only serve known people from this neighbourhood.
bsb wrote:
21 Aug 2021 17:58
Also the last time I looked the market was closed and had been until it was past their mandatory closing. Which just so happened to be the day you drove by.
The mrs went to that market yesterday, and I assure you it was not closed. Markets were told to close temporarily by the governor as a precaution, nothing to do with "covid outbreaks".

bsb

Post by bsb » 22 Aug 2021 12:19

I never said it was closed yesterday, I said the last time I looked it was closed until they passed the mandatory closing period. Not sure where you get your info I got mine from people that sell there and they all had the same story.

buksida

Post by buksida » 23 Aug 2021 14:27

Reports emerging of fake emails being received regarding vaccine appointments. https://www.huahinforum.com/viewtopic.p ... start=2216

Thai apps and websites are notorious for their lack of data security, so email addresses may have already been leaked from them. Scammers will attempt to "phish" these email addresses to lure victims into clicking dodgy links that often install malware.

Don't click any links that are not from official sources.

osandpo

Post by osandpo » 23 Aug 2021 14:48

buksida wrote:
23 Aug 2021 14:27
Reports emerging of fake emails being received regarding vaccine appointments. https://www.huahinforum.com/viewtopic.p ... start=2216

Thai apps and websites are notorious for their lack of data security, so email addresses may have already been leaked from them. Scammers will attempt to "phish" these email addresses to lure victims into clicking dodgy links that often install malware.

Don't click any links that are not from official sources.
I received one of the fake expatvac appointment emails. Checked with the Foreign Ministry helpline 025728442 and they advised:

All appointment emails will come from the official expatvac email address and…
The official email will have a simple confirm button, no extra forms to be completed

osandpo

Post by osandpo » 23 Aug 2021 20:33

IMPORTANT- appointment email is NOT a scam

I just read about the Pfizer delivery to Huahin so rechecked on that odd expatvac email some of us received earlier today.
Turned out that K Kamonchanok Leseananprecha is in Computer Ops at Hua Hin hospital.
She has since separately emailed me to tell me the location for my vaccination tomorrow Bang Saphan hospital. I completed the google form and got a simple confirmation. No requests for money or whatever!
Sorry for any confusion!

buksida

Post by buksida » 24 Aug 2021 07:30

You're getting Pfizer in Bangsaphan? That's great news, hope there's enough for the under 50s too!