Nightlife in town

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
migrant

Nightlife in town

Post by migrant » 24 Nov 2015 08:09

Got aa couple friends coming for a few days, husband (American) and wife (Thai/Cambodian). They enjoy the nightlife.

I've told them that here in BS our nightlife consists of the local Suan Luang bars, but was wondering if anyone has visited the bars in town.

We noticed a large one on the road to the train station, I think Karaoke

Thanks!

buksida

Re: Nightlife in town

Post by buksida » 24 Nov 2015 19:51

The bars in town are Thai places, either teenage hangouts with offensively loud live punk music (and regular fighting) or karaoke bars with singsong girls and "VIP rooms". The two main music places are Baan Mai (near the railway station) and the rock pub than keeps changing name on the way to town, there is also a place called The Story or something that has tables, a big screen and draught beer, but I've never been so cant comment on that one.

migrant

Post by migrant » 25 Nov 2015 03:44

buksida wrote:The bars in town are Thai places, either teenage hangouts with offensively loud live punk music (and regular fighting) or karaoke bars with singsong girls and "VIP rooms". The two main music places are Baan Mai (near the railway station) and the rock pub than keeps changing name on the way to town, there is also a place called The Story or something that has tables, a big screen and draught beer, but I've never been so cant comment on that one.
Thanks!

Jules

Post by Jules » 25 Nov 2015 12:09

There is a new hotel a few hundred metres past Tesco's going out of town and behind the gas station ( can't remember name ). I have walked round the entertainment area during the daytime when there was no one there. It is open but under cover and , besides a bar, there was a setup for live music. How often they play I have no idea. There is a good restaurant plus coffee bar in the front. The restaurant serves Thai food but as far as I can see there is no menu written in English. So I have no idea whether it would be the same in the bar area at the back. Also, but something I did not see, there is a Pool/ snooker room at the back with certainly one and maybe two tables. Some friends have played there and they said it was very good. Happy hunting !

Sunshine

Post by Sunshine » 25 Nov 2015 22:43

They call it The Win Hotel with the bar called The Check In, good entertainment with live music, nice atmosphere, drinks a little expensive compared with the local bars here but you would expect that in a hotel, they also have 2 good full size snooker tables in a room at the front near the reception.

migrant

Post by migrant » 26 Nov 2015 05:55

Thanks! Jet lag kicked in on them last night, so maybe tonight!