Art For Sale - Original Art Paintings

Buy and sell items or services here (no spam or commercial real estate please).
NolaK

Art For Sale - Original Art Paintings

Post by NolaK » 29 Dec 2017 18:17

Greetings, I am making a little space on the walls for my own artwork. As a result, I am selling off a few of my ‘smaller’ paintings by my late mother, artist Avonelle Kelsey (1931-2009). I brought my collection to Thailand a couple years ago from the USA, but her work is all over the world. If you want to read the artist’s bio, it can be found at avonellekelsey.com.

All are 100% originals and signed. Measurement are given in inches.

7,000 Baht

Vincent (1987) - Van Gogh Tribute with Poem Collage by Avonelle Kelsey Acrylic on hardboard (18" x 24") with original poem by the artist collaged onto the artwork.

4,500 Baht

Sailboats Through The Trees - 20” x 24” acrylic on canvass

12,000 Baht

Nude Dressing - 24” x 30” acrylic on canvas. Artwork is in a basic shipping frame only. Looks good but the right frame could personalize it for your decor. Note: This painting’s image has been used to create a pink typographical poster for breast cancer awareness.

8,000 Baht

Daydreamer 24”x30” acrylic on canvas

12,000 Baht

The Lady in the Waterfall - surreal 24”x 36” acrylic on canvas with a basic shipping frame.

6,000 Baht

Preening Cranes (2008) 22” x 32” a signed, acrylic on canvas with .75” gallery edges (painted sides)

6,000 Baht

Bouquet with Blue Flowers a signed abstract still life - 24” x 36” acrylic on canvas. Avonelle created this work to display unframed, but it would work either way.

2,000 Baht

The Red Cloak 24”x30” acrylic on hardboard with no frame. Needs framing to display.

2,000 Baht

Abstract Sunflower - 18” x 24” acrylic on heavy watercolor paper only, needs framing to display.

All paintings are located in Bangs Saphan. Pick ups in person are recommended.
deafk9s@hotmail.com
080 8542368 (English)

bazfaz

Re: Art For Sale - Original Art Paintings

Post by bazfaz » 30 Dec 2017 00:51

Love your mother's paintings. Too bad I am thousands of kilometres away because I'd love to see yours. Could you post a few please?

NolaK

Post by NolaK » 30 Dec 2017 13:40

Thanks so much! The best place to see them is at AvonelleKelsey.com. I have an eBook of about 1,000 of them, but took it off line until I learn to gain better control of the color v file size. That should happen in about 100 years. Enjoy!

Caller

Post by Caller » 30 Dec 2017 19:03

Very nice work.

I will look up your mothers cv

Are you a professional artist?

bazfaz

Post by bazfaz » 31 Dec 2017 17:54

Love the website. And I love the fact that she studied at a place called Spearfish.

NolaK

Post by NolaK » 05 Jan 2018 05:26

Caller, I am half graphic designer and half digital artist - a work in progress. My own website is NolaLeeKelsey.com but honestly I spend so much time expanding mom's presence in the art world and merchandising products from her work that I don't think there will ever be enough hours in the day to do my own thing and grow my own skill.

Caller

Post by Caller » 09 Jan 2018 17:10

NolaK wrote:
05 Jan 2018 05:26
Caller, I am half graphic designer and half digital artist - a work in progress. My own website is NolaLeeKelsey.com but honestly I spend so much time expanding mom's presence in the art world and merchandising products from her work that I don't think there will ever be enough hours in the day to do my own thing and grow my own skill.
Well good luck with your project. You're certainly doing well in getting your mothers name and work out there! She was clearly incredibly prolific and a very talented artist. It's much easier in this day and age for artists to self publicise but that was not the case for your mothers generation.

I have a couple of pieces from 1960 by a very influential and talented individual, who is still alive today, but his work never got selected for the top table by the dealers and gallery owners who controlled such things back then and so his work was consigned to be sold at local galleries rather than London, such is the fickle fate of fortune.

migrant

Post by migrant » 10 Jan 2018 05:29

Caller wrote:
09 Jan 2018 17:10
NolaK wrote:
05 Jan 2018 05:26
Well good luck with your project. You're certainly doing well in getting your mothers name and work out there! She was clearly incredibly prolific and a very talented artist. It's much easier in this day and age for artists to self publicise but that was not the case for your mothers generation.

I have a couple of pieces from 1960 by a very influential and talented individual, who is still alive today, but his work never got selected for the top table by the dealers and gallery owners who controlled such things back then and so his work was consigned to be sold at local galleries rather than London, such is the fickle fate of fortune.
Interesting you mention the fickle fate! I'm semi retired but still do some work and consultation. A old client came to me recently (well emailed me). His son went into the gallery business after not being satisfied with his art career. Dad did well but not great, When he visited son at his gallery open he wanted to help. His son suggested a painting by a new artist so Dad ended up buying 2 for a total of $4,000 usd. Fast forward to now, about 10 years later he gets a call from his son

" Dad, do you want to sell those paintings by xxx?", asked son
" Which ones are those?", Dad said since he has bought other arts over the years and doesn't really follow the art world

The son explained which ones, Dad asked why and son said there was a buyer looking for the artists work.
Dad said how much? The son said the bigger one I can get $1,600,000 usd, and 850,000 for the smaller one.

Dad said at that point he realized he would never ask his son to pay back his student loans....

NolaK

Post by NolaK » 04 Mar 2018 13:42

Oh my. Just saw this. Great story.

migrant

Post by migrant » 04 Mar 2018 20:56

Postscript to the story

Dad sold the paintings end of 2017 and received the money. He died suddenly, and unexpectedly at 64, a few weeks ago. Never got to enjoy the money

Moral, enjoy life while you can!